1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Resting the muzzle on your shoe....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    There's a set of photos making the rounds of a guy who blew a hole in his shoe and took half of his big toe off. From the damage to the shoe, his toe, and the type of range (looks like sporting clays) this might have been a 410 muzzle being rested on his shoe. On top of that, the guy didn't bother to get medical treatment, even though the bone is exposed. What a class act.<br>
    <br>
    Anyway, anyone seeing these pics would probably think twice about resting a muzzle on his shoe.

2. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

I have a full set of pics. It was a sporting clays shoot and the guy was standing on a typical wooden platform otherwise the foot would have seen a lot more damage.

Ron white says " You just can't fix stupid ".

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

There's a set of photos making the internet rounds, from a source that claims it was a dope with a .45 auto. From looking at the other photos, one might conclude that it obviously did NOT happen on a concrete pad typically found on a trap field, otherwise the bottom of said dope's foot would have sustained far more damage from the stuff blowing back up.

My un-single's open at the breach, resting on one of those neat toe protector thingey's, and will continue to be.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Not to be ghoulish, but I would love a copy of those photos if someone is willing to share them with me.

I teach a class on firearms to forensics science graduate students and to keep it from becoming too boring I intersperse photos of firearms "accidents" (some accidental, some intentional). The students are destined to be the "CSI" people you see on TV so they need to be accustomed to 'nasty' crime scenes/photos.

Having witnessed this phenomenon once upon a time at a sporting clays event I have mentioned the 'lazy' trap/sporting clays shooter but have never had a photo to show the students.

THANKS

David Delacato

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Sent you a copy, let me know if you get it. Jake

6. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

Been using a toe fob for 40 yrs still have all my toes all 11 of them...

7. DB3006

DB3006 Member

How does a gun with an open action go off in the first place?
    Your gun should be open and unloaded until it is your turn to shoot..correct?

DB3006

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=188235&Messages=37

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.