1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

restaurant recomendation in Sparta IL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by william miller, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william miller

william miller TS Member

Anyone looking for a good place to eat while at the Grand; try the old Carmichael's restaurant; now called Tammy's. I ate there tonight; food was good and service was excellent. The restaurant is under new ownership and greatly improved for this year's Grand.

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

South Side BBQ is required....

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The Chinese restaurant downtown is very good. Sorry, can't remember the name.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

We had a good meal at the Shothouse, just north of the county road 18 on IL4.

5. Don S

Don S Member

Shot House gone.

6. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

Rib House best

7. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

If you play on winning you need to eat spam sandwiches, for snacks potted meat or beanie wienies. Yes I'm serious too. Keith

8. Donm

Donm Active Member

I second the Chinese place down town. Small but really good menu and food. The name is Dynasty.

9. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Active Member

Tequilas Mexican Restaurant in same little strip with the theater is awsome.

Good food, great service, and reasonably priced.

10. william miller

william miller TS Member

Always wondered about the chinese restaurant; thanks for mentioning it; will give it a try this year; and agree South Side BBQ is also on the list!!!
    There is a great fish place at Steeleville; think it is called Hook, Line, And Sinker; but not sure; still very good. Chester Eagles also use to be really good; think it does not serve food on weekends, though.

11. Gayles57

Gayles57 Member

All of the above are good. We ate at Tony's in Mascoutah Il last year. Good prime rib. They have an Ad in trap and field. Its about 25 miles from the WRSC.

Gayle

12. Donm

Donm Active Member

The Eagles club in Chester has some of the bigest wings I have ever seen. One night they used to have like $.25 per wing. I don't know if they still have wing specials but if someone knows could you let us know when.
    Also we tried to get into Hook, line and sinker last year on Fri. but I was in a shoot off and we got there to late. They said it was about half an hour to be seated and another 45 minutes wait for food. So it must be good. Will try again this year. Also in Steeleville the is a small cafe that is right on Main st. across from the fire station that has the biggest and best breakfasts around. Dinner specials are good too. They are located at 112 Sparta st. It is called Granny's country kitchen.

13. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I can't make it down to watch my guys, but I know I'll miss Andrea's in O'Fallon... if you're looking for a fine dining experience...

Jay

14. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

spitter:

I second Andrea's. Wish it were closer to Sparta. Went there a few years ago when we were at the IL State Shoot. I recall it took a while to get there, but it was very well worth it.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

15. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Andrea's. A little expensive but 5 star...at least!

milt

we order their steak sauce merinade by the case and have for 15 years. Can get it by the bottle at local Schnucks (greater StLouis area) grocery stores in the bbq sauce section.

16. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Southside ribs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.