1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Responses deleted...was it something I said

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

I posted a thread about having an adjustable comb installed in Oregon.

When I go check the thread my original question is there but all three responses, from three different people, have been deleted.

Something I did?? Something they did?? Just curious.
    Chuck

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Whats expanding ??????

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mine is! (waistline) Mike

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Chuck - where are you?

5. starship

starship TS Member

I'm in the Portland Oregon area.

Was hoping to find someone relatively close but am not adverse to looking at others for good work at reasonable prices. I prefer to deal in person if possible to elminate any miscommunications, especially when it comes to cutting a chunk off my gun :) I've never had anything like this done before.

I apprecaite the info from everyone.

Chuck

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Chuck, here's a fellow in Albany that does this stuff for a hobby. I know he'll build a recoil device into stocks and combs and I'd guess he'd do just an adjustable comb if you wanted. He's an insurance broker in his spare time: Al Hutchison, 589 2nd St., Lebanon, OR 97355. Bus. 541.258.3995

Then there's this fellow; Stocker John's Custom Gun Stocks, John Fittinger 503.668.1938 shop, 971.570.6597 cell,   thefittingers@earthlink.net 40776 S.E. Wildcat Dr., Eagle Creek, OR 97022. John used to be employed by Moe Bragg at Shooters Emporium, 162 nd south of Stark in Portland who would be another possibility....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>P3AT, quote: "Chuck, a lot of us delete our responses after a day or two. We believe it saves on band width, but what do we know."</i><br>
    <br>
    Anyone thinking they're making a significant difference in bandwidth of this site by deleting their post in a thread is naive. This site is text only, and deleting a few characters is insignificant.<br>
    <br>
    Deleting posts with pictures is also insignificant as far as this site's bandwidth is concerned. The pics do not originate from here. They are only linked to. All you are deleting are a few characters of html code, which is nothing but text. The only bandwidth savings here is to the site hosting the pictures.<br>
    <br>
    In fact, there is a very good possibility that those deleting their posts might use up more bandwidth than they save. This is especially true for those threads that have fewer people viewing them. The reason is you have to download a page containing a lot of your posts. If you delete a post in a very popular thread with hundreds of view, then you might save an very small amount of bandwidth.<br>
    <br>
    There is only one beneficial reason to delete your posts, and that's if you need to make edits on your posts, that page will open faster if you have fewer posts. I can't see this as really being of any great benefit, though, unless someone is making FREQUENT edits on their posts.<br>
    <br>
    The bottom line is - deleting your posts simply wastes your own time, and saves an insignificant amount of bandwidth.

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Brian in Oregon:

That is what I thought also as far as the photo's are hosted from some where else and couldn't see the text taking up that much space also just like star ship he probably wasn't done with the info that he got a few days ago he probably thought it would still be here when he came back guess he should had copy and pasted it into a note book or word program of some sort.

Foggy

9. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Chuck, if you decide you are OK with someone who is not local, call Greg Hissem. Excellent work. Excellent communications. He will not let you off the phone until both you and he understand EXACTY what you want and how it will be done. On time completion. You can also schedule your work in advance so you don't have to be without your stock for long. He gets two thumbs up from me.

10. kolar kda

kolar kda TS Member

i personally have never had any work done by greg hissem, but i have seen work that he has done on friedns guns and he does a very good job.

Kyle Atherton

11. laura!

laura! Member

MIA, enjoyed seeing the pic of your gun again!

12. starship

starship TS Member

Thanks to everyone for all the info!

As someone fairly new to this sport I really apprecaite the time and effort that others make to help us newbies out. Both here and at the gun club I have met some great folks. Again thank you.

I've been at this trap thing about 8 mo now and owned my trap gun about 6 months. I put some moleskin on the stock a couple of weeks ago and found that while my scores did't necessairly increase much my hits improved (harder).

I'm currently shooting about 92% from 16yd and 88% from 20. Giving serious consideration to actually joining ATA and shooting some registered targets.

Moe Bragg's company is about 15 minutes from me so will most likely speak with them about the adj comb.
    Thanks again to all that helped.

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.