1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

RESPECT for a DEPARTED COMRADE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

I'd like to take this opportunity to give a nod of respect to a long-time and very valuable (to me at least) poster on this site.

I disagreed with Grammie on many things, but I handled it the way it should have been handled - by parodying him. I never let him get under my skin, and I never ran to David or a Moderator to complain when I got the short end of it. I simply let him have his say, and went on. I even had some fun giving him his own medicine at times. See how that works? This is handling things like an adult. (People who don't have the wits to protect themselves, and go tattling to Mommy every time somebody says something they don't agree with, would of course never understand that...and they are probably the ones who will be glad he's gone).

For all my disagreements with the things he said, I still defended him saying it, because he was an intelligent person with a different, although you might say "skewed," viewpoint! That's what makes life interesting to me...(not a bunch of polite, considerate people sitting around agreeing with each other on meaningless things).

Some nameless person once said, "Small minds discuss people, mediocre minds discuss events, but great minds discuss ideas." Grammie really lit me up a few times, and we gave no quarter with each other, but he was always centered on and caught up with ideas, and I certainly respected him for that. Hopefully that came across in the way I joshed with him, but if not, I'll say it now.

Grammie's postings on this site were exactly the way they have been for 5 years or more. _NOTHING_ HAD CHANGED. Nothing, except the arrival of a few thin-skinned people whose beliefs could not withstand scrutiny or disagreement. In some ways, I see Grammie as a parallel to what is happening in society. Take the Presidential election, for example. There is about to be a changing of the guard in this country. Good or bad, the "new majority" is a thin-skinned, Politically Correct crowd who simply cannot handle the reality that came before. They will now take their seat at the table, (with Hillary or B.O. at the head), and their interests will be served. I guess that is a natural process of change that will never stop.

So it is, here as well.

What is my purpose in this? Simply an acknowledgement of respect to a comrade. I enjoyed jousting with Grammie, and good or bad, whether I won the argument, (or whether I got my ass kicked), I always logged onto his posts with the anticipation of watching somebody who knew how to light up the house. It was exciting.

My reward has been many fun exchanges. Jousting with Grammie was being in the company of MEN - not trading cookie recipes with women.

Grammie, I have to say, you finally won. They could not handle you any more, and they had to push the button and concede. We found out that you are the bigger man. I think you have some awfully wacky views on some things...but ten of the perpetrators who acted like gutless cowards in doing this deed are not worth one of you.

To Gram, thanks for the mammaries! Your memory lives on, and you were an inspriation to those of us with strong enough wits to appreciate it. You rock, dude.

2. antique

antique TS Member

Amen.

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I had respect for grammie and in fact I actually agreed with many of his posts especially the ones about trapshooting. I absolutely could not stomach his anti-Christian anti-God rants.

4. Hauser

Hauser Member

Tomorrows Headlines

"Resident TS.com saterist gives eulogy for anti-Christ"

Jerry Hauser

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Thank you for the memories, too, Jerry...you were a part of this.

After all, the Johnny Carson had his Ed McMahon.

And what would the Harlem Globetrotters have been...without the Washington Generals?

No, as I say...Grammie couldn't have done it without you, Jerry Hauser. You should be proud.

No...really.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

(...you forgot the "s," Zar...lol)

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Well, I didn't always agree with everything that he said but he was an addition to the site. Why was he bounced? I didn't know he was. John

8. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I think I'm gonna puke.

Booger

9. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Grammie is missed, at least by me. He was always thought provoking and there's nothing wrong with that.

Not many will remember but I vividly recall Grammie's diatribe about what was going to happen if we invaded Iraq.

Guess what, he was dead on balls accurate.

If he has really been banned it's a loss to this community. There are others, still calling each other names and acting like 3rd graders, that are far more deserving to be canned.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

buzz-gun- Do you know why he no longer posts on this site? I believe he did quit shooting trap.

Pat Ireland

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Well Pat,

Not to throw this back at you...but you stated on the other Grammie thread that he was asked to leave, and he could be allowed back in if he wrote some kind of mea culpa letter.

Hmph...and the Mods didn't even have the decency to tell us!

12. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

I quit reading anything he/ she / it wrote for the past two years. I didn't want to read it, so I didn't and I don't miss he/ she/ it.

Mike

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Good riddance. He was just a first class nut job.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I talked to Grammie last night at Bowling and if he has been banned he does not know anything about it ... Thats all I can say about that unless someones knows otherwise, those are the facts ... Maybe one of the Moderators could enlighten us if he has been asked to leave ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

As a former lurker on this site I could never really understand those who would complain about another instead of just moving along and letting what is be as it was without feeling the need to try and interject a complaint and rankle another person.

Those with thin skin rankled more people than those that rankled them and the moderators did what they needed to do to calm the thin skinners instead of letting them grow a thicker skin.

Since this is a trap shooting site I just want to take a moment and ask a much more important question and see who shot trap this weekend?

16. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

NO one was forced to read Grammie's observations.

when you open a thread you can see if he responded. Nobody's computer got locked if Grammie was ther.

In my opinion Grammie was a thinking person who just didn't swallow the line of BS put out by our media and so-called leaders. He had a good ability to read between the lines and jperceive reality.

reality disturbs some people.

Too bad.

HM

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

buzz-gun- I read my post on the other Grammie thread, and I did not say that Grammie was asked to leave. I did raise this as a possibility but not a certainty.

Pat Ireland

18. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I rarely agreed with anything Grammie ever said, though I respected his right to an opinion, I many times logged in just to read his comments, he will be missed.

Berettaman7

19. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Buzz-gunn. Excellent post! It was very accurate. As I said in another thread he was a "thought provoker". Everyone is entitled to their own opinion including "Grammie", even if we didn't always agree with it.I do think you are right about sone people that did not agree with him were probably the ones that complained about him.

Booger Blue- if you must puke please do it with your mouth closed and hold your nostrels closed at the same time. Thank you.

Trapper Mike, Mr. Newbius, and Halfmile, I think you all hit the nail on the head. No one forced anyone to read his posts. If you didn't like them you should have skipped over them.

MIA- I never thought that you would fault somone for their opinion.From your post it doesn't seem like you are with the tough guys. Grammie definately was not one of those "Cows" we discussed on another thread.

JBrooks, you should read Zarathustas post again. Most trapshooters I know are nut jubs(your terminology). If they aren't they are "wanna bees".
    Mike.

20. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Sociological, political, philosophical discussion is interesting to many. And, especially at TS it should be. I mean, for sure the gathering of mental giants othis site is staggering. Open, well informed, thoughtful discussion reigns.

But what would discourse be without censorship? I mean a free and unfettered exchange of ideas can only lead to mischief. And the personal attacks, well they were frightening!

And now Pat tells us Grammy quit shooting trap. Well, off with his head. Who needs some rabble rouser who doesn't even shoot trap?

Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.