1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Residence Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by geeber, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geeber

geeber Member

I think I know someone living in a northern state that has a southern state listed with the ATA as his residence. It may be a mistake or easier pickins. I wonder if this happens a lot? I have never thought much about it before.
    Gary

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It's a little more complicated than that, Bill, but it's all in the rulebook.

Neil

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rule X A- States that you must be a bona fide resident of a state for at least 6 months to be eligible to shoot for resident trophies in that state. Residency is regulated by State laws, not the ATA. Residency does not always require physical presence in the State.

P3AT- Either you were given incorrect information from someone at the ATA or you misunderstood the information. There could have been some confusion about the 6 month requirement.

Pat Ireland

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

This tax crap from Wash. D.C. gets any better, I'm gonna be a resident of the Cayman's.

Anyway, many people have a "legal" and/or "paper residence" in states such as FL, TX, SD, etc. that have no state income taxes (just an outrageous sales tax). It's easy to do, legal and a good thing to do if a person's income is large enough to worry about taxation.

The ATA rulebook covers state shoots (eligibility) and it's no big deal.

Curt

5. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Where do they vote?

Ed Yanchok

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Acorn will register you where ever you want. (you can pick if you have 2 places)

HM

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

HM- If Acorn registers the same person twice in the same state, could that person enter an event at his state shoot twice?

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.