Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Resetting Remington Case Locks

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  WPT 
#1 ·
My daughter set the locks on her 1100 Competition case to a separate combination for each lock. We figured out one lock and cannot remember/figure out the other one. Would anyone know how to reset the locks on this case? One is open and one is not. Thanks, FS

#4 ·
Usually those type locks can not be reset unless the lock is already open. That said, bigbore13 has the only real solution other than a crowbar. Most 3 dial combination locks have around 1000 possible combinations.

#5 ·
Try taking a small flashlight and a probe of some sort-push each dial to one side or the other, depending on which side looks as if it might give you a clue as to the correct setting; rotate the dial one number at a time and see if it looks different down in the lock; keep doing this until you find one number that looks different from all the rest down inside; write this number down. Do the same thing for each of the other numbers. Then, line up the numbers you have written down and see if the lock will open. I did the on a John Hall case and it worked for me.

#6 ·
I have tried this with varying degrees of success on "roller style" locks...your mileage may vary.

1) Gently slide the release outward as if you are trying to unlock the case.

2) While maintaining slight pressure on the release, rotate the first wheel, 9 of the numbers will feel the same, one wil be "freer" than the rest, that is the number you want.

3) While the first roller is where it feels free, and still applying pressure to the release move roller number two, again 9 will feel the same, one is different, find it and leave it set.

4) Turn the 3rd wheel and if all is aligned correctly the latch will pop open...

Hope that helps...

-Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.