1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Resetting pat trap that past limits

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Jack, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Ran into the problem today & we got it corrected but probably not the way it was designed to be done. If there is a correct method I would appreciate some input. It ran thru the horizional limit switch and would not reverse. Shut down power & moved it manually back and restarted. I think it was due to the oil being cold and just didn't cycle quickly enough. Help, please!

2. setter

setter Member

Well I'm updating my response, should be able to switch the auto/manual switch to manual then use the left/right button to move the machine back into position.

If you need to move it manually, disconnect the hose to the oscillation valve.

If the problem continues you will need to replace the limit switch.

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

We did disconnect the hose to permit the move. After realigning the position it functioned perfectly for the balance of the day. Thanks for your input. I think a spare switch might be a worthwhile investment just in case.

4. setter

setter Member

May as well get 2 switches while you are at it, a left and a right. They are different. One is normally closed the other is normally open. If you don't have a recent manual, I would suggest one of those, they are around $8.

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

big Jack, on the end of the valves is a brass piece in the end of the valve. If you push in on this it will make the valve operate. You won't need to take the hose off that way.

Rickyd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.