1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Researchers blame white males for shootings...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Click the link for their 'research" findings blaming white men, the tea party and the NRA for shootings.

Here's my rebuttal:

First, it ain't just WHITE men doing mass shootings.

Seung-Hui Cho killed 32 people and wounded 17 others on April 16, 2007, at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. One of the weapons used was a Walther P22 .22LR handgun with three 10-round magazines.

Christopher Dorner went on a revenge killing spree in Los Angeles recently.

Major Nidal Malik Hasan killed several at Ft. Hood.

The Binghamton shootings took place on Friday, April 3, 2009, at the American Civic Association immigration center in Binghamton, New York, United States. At approximately 10:30 a.m. EDT, Jiverly Antares Wong (aka Jiverly Voong), a naturalized American citizen from Vietnam,[3][4][5] entered the facility and shot numerous people inside.[6] Wong had taken English language classes there from January to March 2009 before dropping out.

Thornton, Omar Sheriff, 34, African-American, Aug. 3 2010 Manchester, Connecticut United States - Hartford Distributors shooting was a mass shooting that occurred on August 3, 2010, in Manchester, Connecticut, United States.

The Xerox murders was an incident of mass murder that occurred on November 2, 1999, in a Xerox building in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States. Service technician Byran Koji Uyesugi shot at eight people; seven fatally (six co-workers and his supervisor) and one more fired upon during escape. This was the worst mass murder in the history of Hawaii. The case also heightened awareness of workplace violence in Hawaii and elsewhere.

Chai Soua Vang (born September 24, 1968) is a naturalized U.S. citizen and a Hmong immigrant from Laos. While on a hunting trip in northern Wisconsin, Vang shot eight people, who were also hunting in the area, on November 21, 2004. Six were killed and two were left wounded.

--------------------------

Second, it ain't just white MEN doing mass shootings or school shootings:

March 7, 2001 Williamsport, PA Elizabeth Catherine Bush, 14, wounded student Kimberly Marchese in the cafeteria of Bishop Neumann High School; she was depressed and frequently teased.

January 1979, Brenda Ann Spencer shot and killed two adults at an elementary school, she also shot and injured 8 others. Spencer used a Ruger 10/22 rifle.

September 17, 1996: State College, Pennsylvania (Hetzel Union Building shooting) Jillian Robbins, 19, shot and killed one student and injured two outside Pennsylvania State University’s Hetzel Union Building.

Jennifer San Marco (December 6, 1961 – January 30, 2006) was a former US Postal Service employee who shot and killed seven people in Goleta, California on January 30, 2006.

---------------------------

Third, conservatives, tea partiers and white racists seem to get the blame for these killings, where in fact the there common thread for the last five mass murders is they were all liberal progressive Democrats. Allegations that it was tea partiers were disproven quickly and the media clammed up when the opposite was discovered. This article incompetently blames the tea party.

----------------------------

Fourth, they overlook that two of the most common firearms used for these mass killings are .22 rimfire rifles and .22 rimfire handguns. "Assault weapons" may get the headlines and shock value, but "assault weapons" are not the firearm of choice for these killings.

January 1979, Brenda Ann Spencer shot and killed two adults at an elementary school, she also shot and injured 8 others. Spencer used a Ruger 10/22 rifle.

Jeffrey Weise uses a Glock, an 870 shotgun and a Ruger .22 pistol to kill 9 people and injure 5 at Red Lake High School on March 21, 2005.

On September 24, 2003 John Jason McLaughlin uses a .22 pistol to kill two at Rocori High School, Cold Spring, Minnesota.

At Santana High School in Santee, California, Charles Andrew Williams uses an Arminus .22 revolver to kill two and wound 13.

Victor Cordova, Jr., on Nov 20, 1999, used a .22 handgun to kill a girl at Deming Middle School in Deming, NM.

On November 15, 1995 James Ellison Rouse used a Remington .22 rifle to kill two and injure 1 at Richland High School in Lynnville, Tennessee.

On Dec 1, 1997, Michael Carneal used a .22 caliber rifle, a Ruger Mark II .22 pistol, and a12 gauge pump-action shotgun to kill three and injure five at Heath High School in West Paducah, Kentucky.

Kip Kinkel on May 21, 1998 used a Ruger 10-22 to kill two and wound 24 at Thurston High School in Springfield, Oregon.

Seung-Hui Cho killed 32 people and wounded 17 others on April 16, 2007, at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. One of the weapons used was a Walther P22 .22LR handgun with three 10-round magazines.

On June 2, 2010 Derrick Bird used a George Fisher 12 gauge double-barreled shotgun and CZ 452-2E ZKM .22-calibre bolt-acton rifle to kill 12 people and injure 11 others in Cumbria, England.

In Paris, fraqnce, Jean-Pierre Roux-Durrafourt used a pump-action .22 rifle and began shooting randomly at cars and pedestrians. The four dead were all adult men.

Michael Slobodian kills 2 people, wounds 13, with two guns, one of which is a .22 rifle, on May 28, 1975 in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

On April 28, 1999 Todd Cameron Smith used a sawed off .22 rifle to kill one and injure one at W.R. Myers High School in Taber, Alberta, Canada.

-------------------

I was able to find the above facts in only a half hour of looking on the Internet. How much time did these "researchers" spend while coming to their totally erroneous conclusions?

2. 548

548 Guest

Blah blah blah

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep 548 is a confused liberal!!

How do you confuse a liberal??

Tell them the FACTS and the Truth and they go bonkers and all they can say is blah blah blah and name call!!

I didn't see the gal that was involved with killing 2 LEO and a guard who is now a Prof. at a Ivy league college!!!!

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

In all probability the "researchers" are from a government funded college liberal think tank.

5. Brian in Oregon

548, quote: <i>"Blah blah blah"</i>

LOL, is that the best rebuttal you can come up with?

You should have kept your yap shut instead of confirming you are clueless and stymied when confronted by facts.

6. 548

548 Guest

So, what Brian, am I supposed to list all the mass shootings perpetrated by white males with weapons other than .22's? Longest list wins?

7. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Research how many we're white Democrats or raised by Democratic parents. One, the Co., theater shooter even worked for the CIC reelection.

Van

8. Brian in Oregon

No, 548. Let me explain the concept of point - counterpoint. I know this will be a difficult concept for your, but try to pay attention and use some critical thinking for a change. If you are taking mind altering drugs you might let them wear off first.

Point: The article blamed white men and the tea party for mass shootings and school shootings with assault weapons.

Counterpoint: I simply countered that their research was flawed by showing other races, genders, party affiliation and firearms have been used.

9. 548

548 Guest

10. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Well, they gotta' blame SOMEBODY?.......can't expect 'em to offend their constituents now can you?

11. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

OK, I blame blacks for prison overcrowding and abuse of welfare and medicaid.

12. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

The solution is obvious. Congress should enact legislation banning white males.

13. Brian in Oregon

Is that your caricature, 548?

14. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Liberals can't stand it when their B.S. propaganda is exposed!!!!!!

15. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

For some real entertainment read the 'comments' after the above article. Some of the best written and thought out responses I've read in a long time.

Perhaps a nerve has been struck?

Here is one I found truly interesting - Source provided to "Mother Jones" at link above.

-

As posted by flonz1 in response to the article by the Childresses:

I am posting this again because people do not bother to do research. Mother Jones has a list of all the mass killings since 1980 to Newtown. Only 66% of them were done by a white person while the white population in that time frame averages out to over 75% of population so white in in fact are not disproportionately mass killing; minorities are still disproportionally killing in mass events just not as skewed as the other 99.5% of the murder rate.

Also Mother Jones shows 56 of 62 events involved a person with a known mental disorder or showing signs of one. The writers say blaming mental illness is deflection but in fact it is the root cause in most of these cases.

16. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

What a lie In indy when you watch the daily news its always blacks killing more blacks. It must be bushs fault.

17. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Brian, good post. I am aware of the fact that sometimes reporters are too biased or too lazy to write an accurate, objective story. Sometimes it seems like they will begin with their desired ending and work backwards from there.I have had some experience with reporters in the past.

548, your juvenile response to Brian shows yet again that you are nothing but an anti-gun troll.

18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"Well, they gotta' blame SOMEBODY?.......can't expect 'em to offend their constituents now can you?"

Cowboy it never seem to bother them if their constituents are gun owner does it!!!!!!!! They think nothing of offending the constituents that are gun owners so why lie about facts on race and party affiliation????

Bob Lawless

19. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Three things 548 is good for. 1. Left wing and simple minded response to threads. 2. Follow oversize load down freeway with red and blue lights flashing at 35 MPH, all while acting like the big cheese with the big hat. 3. Screw you for 5 MPH over the limit with his radar gun.

20. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Falcon, funny and true.LOL I heard he also likes to hang outside high schools and pull over 16 year old girls for doing 33 in a 30. Barney Fife wannabe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

james ellison rouse