1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting comments on a beretta DT-10

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by B682GX, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

An acquaintance in some financial distress is offering a DT-10 for sale. I know very little about this model & am requesting for some comments/reviews to help me decide whether or not to buy it.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

That's what Leo shoots and it serves him well. I think they are a solid dependable gun.

3. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

They are the best kept secret in the shotgun world.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Great shotgun. I love mine. I have a two barrel set (sporting clays at 32 inches and an old set of ASE 90 trap barrels at 30 inches). I'm left handed and have three stocks for it as well (factory RH, sporting clays LH, trap LH)

A word of caution here - when Beretta came out with the 682 Gold about two years ago it filled the space the DT-10 held. Net result was that the price of the 682 was set around the level the DT-10 USED to sell for. DT-10 prices went way up (As I recall the DT-10 listed in the high 5K range - MSRP is now $8,925).

I know your friend is in a bind, but in setting a price the value has gone way up of late.

5. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I have allways shoot Beretta,,,,in saying that I shoot a 682,,,,used a friends DT-10 and did not like the way it handled,,,balance and control were not what I liked,,,,so shoot it first,,,and more than 10 shoots,,,,but it is a good gun if you are comfortable with it

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Ditto John. I have a similar set up and the gun shoots like a winner which it was. Fred

7. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

i really like them , feel good in hand great balance, i think there overlooked alot. solid

8. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo Harrison could shoot any shotgun he chooses and he chooses the Beretta DT-10. Come by and talk to him at the Grand....

9. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

i really like them , feel good in hand great balance, i think there overlooked alot. solid

10. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo Harrison could shoot any shotgun he chooses and he chooses the Beretta DT-10. Come by and talk to him at the Grand....

11. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Thanks for the info!

12. Chester White

Chester White Member

Leo shoots the O/U barrels at 16 yards. Does he shoot the top or bottom barrel?

13. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The DT-10 lovefest here is apparently not shared by everyone. Go to Shotgunsports.com "Sporting Clays forum" and go to the posts for July 30th, which is about the third page for the post entitled "Problems with DT-10."

14. spritc

spritc Active Member

Next to Kolar, you'll not find a better trap gun.

Steve

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

He shoots the top barrel very well, and the bottom even better.

16. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

ran my first 200 with one the first year i had it.

will continue to shoot one. can't think of a nicer gun.

steve.

17. virg

virg Member

I have a combo set, have shot it for 5 years, about 4-5000 per year. The only thing I had done to it was beretta replaced the locking lug after 2 or 3 years as it was sticking a little after firing. They did it free of charge, if I would have had to pay for it I would not have it had it done as it was not that noticeable. I didn't even mention it to them when I took it to them at the Grand for its annual free checkup. [3years]. they did it on their own and told me when I picked it up. Virg

18. Chester White

Chester White Member

If Leo shoots the top barrel for singles, which barrel does he shoot first at doubles?

19. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

He shoots top for singles and bottom for first shot of doubles. He adds a washer for caps with the top single.

20. Chester White

Chester White Member

Thanks for the info. I like his approach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.