1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

republician worries

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by beaker100, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaker100

beaker100 Member

i see mr obama has now produced a birth certificate. i believe it was a moot point anyway as his mother was an american citizen at the time of his birth.

this all said i think the republician party needs to work on finding a leader to run for the general election in 2012. i do not see anyone on the horizon that inspires me to cast a vote for them for the presidency. i am getting really tired of voting aginst someone rather than for someone. i am also tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

i think time will be better spent developing a platform for the republican party that will address problems in this country and allow us to win the election in 2012.

the wars, the debt, health care, oil, allocations of natural resources, renewable energy, jobs,space exploration, and education are just a few topics that we could propose solutions for that will earn the republican party votes in the general election. in short leadership and a vision for the country clearly expressed with real proposals to achieve solutions for the 21 century.

2012 will be here in the wink of an eye. we need to get moving now for the election. jmho doug hubbart

2. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

I'd vote for the next guy I see walking down the street before I'd vote for Obama and that's the God's honest truth.

3. beaker100

beaker100 Member

i think we need to expect more from our elected officals. real proposals for solutions to our problems are needed if America is to remain the super power. doug

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Well, the number of parties that will want to pick a candidate has been shortened from 4 to 3. The birthers should be gone now leaving us with only the republican, tea, & trump parties. It wouldn't suprise me to see all three run a candidate.

5. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I believe that the birthers will not be gone. It can't be that easy for them.

Basically, who ever promises the poor and uneducated the most money will win. All you have to do is politic and promise more entitlements and more free money to sit and shell out children and not work.

6. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Gingrich is the smartest one out there coupled with the most experience period!Too bad someone like General Petraeus would never run...He would have my vote...

7. beaker100

beaker100 Member

hi rick, i do not think that to ask questions about the birth cert is wrong i just think we are waisting lots of time and energy that could be put to better use.

hi lucky, i think gingrich might be the best, as of those in right now. we need a proven problem solver. i also want to see a plan, not just no. i just can not take mr trump seriously. there is no substance there.

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Beaker 100:

Your opening comments were superb, and dead-on. But using logic and common sense can be a very frustrating approach, both on this forum and in general. People are so well-trained to bicker mindlessly that few retain the ability to think critically -- even about the dreadfully obvious.

Consider Comp1's comment:

"I'd vote for the next guy I see walking down the street before I'd vote for Obama and that's the God's honest truth." It never occurs to him that who HE's going to vote for isn't the problem. Probably more than 95% of the people on this forum will vote against Obama, as will the vast majority of gun owners. And that's true regardless of which dolt the Republicans run. Look at McCain -- a guy so incredibly dumb that he finished in the bottom 1% of his Annapolis class and, when asked how many homes he owned, couldn't get the answer right within +/- 2. Did TS.com people and most gun owners vote for that dimwit? Of course they did. And yet look who's President.

Consider Luckyman's comment:

"Gingrich is the smartest one out there coupled with the most experience period!" Is he right? Of course he is. But he doesn't even consider that Gengrich is so morally bankrupt, and his epic moral lapses are so well documented, that it completely nullifies his experience and his unquestionable brilliance. Next to Palin, the smartest Republican even considering a run -- Gengrich -- is probably the least electible of anyone. Even Donald Trump and his ongoing publicity stunt offers a more realistic chance of getting the dumbed-down American public to vote for him than Gengrich.

Anyway, you seem like smart guy and I will watch your posts. In the mean time, have you looked at Paul Ryan of Wisconsin? He's vulnerable to Democrat scare tactics regarding Medicare and Social Security, but at first glance he might be our best hope. What do you think?

-Gary

9. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

GW22: You seem to be a person who overlooks the OBVIOUS in your CRITICAL THINKING. Obama won because almost EVERY black and black precinct went his way along with the fact that Bush had become in his later years a big spending anticapitalist who ran up huge debts. Combine that with an entirely BIASED media and he was a shoe-in. This is NOT rocket science--in fact it doesn't take "critical thinking" at all---elections are won in this country because most of the electorate are as retarded as those you describe or completely apathetic. Donald Trump is the ONLY candidate or potential candidate who is actually speaking directly and with common sense about what a p-poor job Obama has done. Unfortunately most of the electorate sorely lack any semblance of "common sense". I expect and am saddened to say the next election will show no improvement..unfortunately "common sense" has been replaced by "silver tongued" glitz and soundbites along with most of the hoi-poloi expecting a handout. I saw a poll saying MOST of Americans think we are taxed "about right"..only problem is MOST AMERICANS pay no taxes;well duh!

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Beaker100,

I agree 100%. Instead of pissing and moaning about losing the election to Obama and what is happening to this country. Focus on trying to find someone that will beat him in the next election. That should have been what was done before. Instead, the Reps. put up someone that did not have a chance in hell of winning, and then he goes out and gets Palin as his running mate. Come on, really. If you think Trump is the answer, I think there is going to be another four years of Obama. I think the Reps. would have a better chance if they go and find some young Senator, or Representative (Paul Ryan) that is at least trying to do what they said they would, and is not yet caught up in the political payoff scheme, that is rampent in this countries politics. If Colon Powell would have run for president, he would have been the first African American President, if the Republicans of this country would have put aside there racist tendencies, and seen the man for the intellegence he possesses. Plus he is not so far right, that he could not see the center. That is what will be more electable in the future. People are tired of the gridlock, and hostilities of these two parties getting nothing done, because of no compromise. Far left, and far right is not working! Don't call me a liberal, and don't call me conservative. I consider myself neither. I am an Independent. I will vote the way my perception is of the candidate at the time, and his, or her, ideas of which I think will benefit all people of this country. That usually is the Candidate closer to center. And that's the way it is.

11. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Chris Christie seems currently to be at least willing to listen to people who want him to run. My "dream ticket" would be Christie for president and Allen West for VP. West might pull a few black voters over.

12. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I still contend it was the GOP that is totally to blame for what we have now. I paid them to do a job and they lied to me. Bunch of low life RINO's

13. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Esox, that could be a reasonably attractive ticket. I'm just doubtful that Christie has the political power base to pull it off just yet; and last I heard he was pretty definitive about not running.
    I'm not certain he has the experience to be President, but maybe that's what we need right now. I like his thinking.

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I like Bachmann too. She is smart and speaks well under the gun. But she has at least two potential problems:

1) She is female. And, although not gorgeous, she is pretty darn attractive. And as I've stated and backed-up multiple times, American women IN GENERAL simply will not stand for a female President -- especially if she's attractive. Bachmann isn't as attractive or as threatening to other women as Palin, so maybe she can sneak past the roadblock American women have put up, but I doubt it.

2) Her family has taken advantage of some of the money Obama & Co. threw into the wind. I personally wouldn't blame anyone for taking money that was basically being flushed down the toilet anyway, but unfortunately having someone in your family do so precludes you from taking the moral high ground to some degree.

-Gary

15. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"Gingrich is the smartest one." True, and I would pay for a 'pay-per-view' telecast of him in a debate with the President. But he divorced one wife while she was in the hospital with terminal cancer.

And the independents that will swing the election don't think much of him.

He lost my support when he went to Iowa and sucked up to the corn/ethanol lobby.

16. beaker100

beaker100 Member

i have googleed ryan, gingrich, bachmann, and christie. to my thinking ryan looks the best of this bunch.

although i like the views of ms bachmann on energy ( both exploration and renewables)and her stance on defence there are other problems with her stance on the phasing out of social security and medicare, her stance on taxes, and education.

mr christie seems to have questions brought up about his conduct while in about every office he has ever held. i think he is a good guy and a good conservative, i am afraid the dems would have a lot of ammunition to work with to make mr christie look less than desirable.

mr gingrich just has too much in the past with 2 divorces, now living with a lady 23 years younger than himself, and various problems with the gop leadership that i'm not sure he can be elected.

mr ryan seems to have some good ideas on the economy and taxation that have been expressed in some detail. he also has some ideas on healthcare that again have been expressed in some detail. i think his ideas need to be detailed, explained and possibly modified to gain bi partisan support, and inform the voters but at the leaset there is some vision to work with rather than just gridlock. mr ryan also seems at this point to have a pretty clean personal life.

i think some of the things that need to be kept in mind to capture the white house in 2012 is the hard right and the hard left already know who they are supporting but the election will be decided by the independt voters in the middle. finding a candidate to appeal to those voters is paramount. jmho doug hubbart

17. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Didn't Chris Christie support Obama Care and Cap and Trade? Someone also told me that he took an anti-gun stance in NJ, but I have not yet checked that out for myself.

I am supporting Allen West. Yesterday evening, he state that he would run if his constituents in Florida Distric 22 would release him of his promise to represent them in the house. Otherwise, he will fulfill his duties because of that promise.

You couldn't find a man with more integrity and experience. If you like him, join in the effort and order your bumper stickers and yard signs (they are free) at the website above. You can also sign up for updates.

18. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

In the immortal words of Alfred E. Newman, "What! Me worry?"

We are RIGHT and he is WRONG and there are more of us than there are of him.

Baracchio is a Liar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.