1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Republicans Believe Illegal Immigration s/b crime

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

DNC Chair: Republicans Believe Illegal Immigration 'Should be a Crime'

Duh?

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Another amazing example of College Grads who don't have a clue!!

Criminal: person to brakes the law.

Illegal: laws that are on the books, that when a person brakes them, they are acting in a "illegal" manner.

If you are here in this country, by not taking the legal route, you are a "criminal" which means your here "illegally" Hence, you are committing a "Crime".

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

They are not illegals or criminals ... they are unregistered Democrats!

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    She's dumber than Pelosi.

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

wasserman's a typical liberal democrat, Nothing but a life support system for a butthole.

Jim

6. 7771

7771 Active Member

It should

7. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Better check that 13 million figure, more like 30 million. Government wants you to think there are only 13 million, there are 13 million in Wal Mart at any one time in the day.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

ILLEGAL immigrant***** The word illegal tells us that it is not legal to immigrate the way they are immigrating. WTF is the matter with people that can't understand the meaning of the word "ILLEGAL". If they are here illegally they should be sent back. Personally I feel with the Cartels coming across the border armed we should have our troops there stopping them. They are invading our Country while being armed. Bulge.

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Jay Leno said it best "if you want to STOP illegal immigration register them as republicans. Funny but true

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"Another amazing example of College Grads who don't have a clue!!"

"Criminal: person to brakes the law."

Well gee Timberfaller, let's round up some grade school dropouts like yourself, who can't even construct a proper sentence, and have them run this country LMAO.

"person to brakes the law"?? A fine example of your educational background. If we had people like yourself in charge, the US would be a third world country by now. What next's, telling people 1 + 1 = 11?

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Doesn't the term "Illegal" alreadty define it as a crime? If not, then what does "illegal" mean?

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

servn99, on this site we are basically trapshooters not English or Grammer Majors. Give a little slack, we all make mistakes in typing on here. Your lack of manners is really shining through. We allow for fat fingers, and other grammatical errors because that is who we are, just normal people who make mistakes, some more than others. Bulge.

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Jim101 gets my vote for post of the year. That was ridiculously funny.

14. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Maybe this concept was not taught to some on here:

[​IMG]

15. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

It seems to me that the only idiot here is Debbie Wasserman Schultz! AJ

16. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

99 crawl back into the hole you came out of, will you!!

weather I used the word brake or break doesn't bother me one bit, it got my point across !! BUT its obvious it sure bothers YOU !!

I am one who is proud I didn't graduate from college, when I went to college back in 2000 at the age of 46, I had to take classes assigned to me. It was for retraining because of a career ending job injury. The classes I had to take, I had done when I was in Jr. High back in the late 60's! I have the right to be clinical about our "higher" schools of education!

I have held positions where, I hired and fired employees, most of the ones fired were college grads. WHY, because they were to "dumb" to do the simplest jobs required of them !!

Most high school grads, still have some sense of common sense!!

17. porky

porky TS Member

Unfortunately 4 year degrees today are giving students the same education that high school students got back in the 50's and 60's( exceptions are specialized fields). California gives all residents free 2 year college tutions to community colleges. Large businesses require at least a Master'a degree to be hired into their programs. Some businesses have programs that pay their employee's tuition to college's to obtain a master's degree. Look to the students to get their PhD in order to stay in the game for the future. Even with that, students like my son with a PhD in math had a 2 year program to graduate from, given by the company he was in, in order to get to stay and move in the busines he is in.

18. soundaround

soundaround Member

Really, I two break for whether :)

19. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Timber: your post says it all...you don't need to explain anymore why you are sitting there behind your computer, frustrated at the more successful people in life :) And just FYI: they do teach kids the difference between the usage of the words "break" and "brake" in elemenary school. I guess you must had been out sick that day, huh LOL

20. soundaround

soundaround Member

Whether you agree or not this series of questions and answers illustrates the difficulties in enforcing immigration law. Note that a "crime" is only a crime based upon the legal consequences attached to it. Otherwise, it is a civil offense. For example, getting a minor infraction speeding ticket is not an imprison-able offense even though it is against the law to speed. Likewise, being in the country illegally is not a "crime" it is a civil infraction. Again, not saying the law is written the way it should be, just stating fact. See more below:

The controversy has highlighted one of the most widely misunderstood aspects of immigration law.

Q: Christie said immigrants in the county illegally are not automatically committing a crime by their presence. Is that true?

A: Yes. "Illegal presence" as the offense is called, is not a violation of the U.S. criminal code. A person cannot be sent to prison for being here without authorization from immigration authorities. It is, however, a violation of civil immigration laws, for which the federal government can impose civil penalties, namely deportation.

Q: But he was later asked a hypothetical question about someone sneaking across the border and said that's not a crime either. Is that true, too?

A: No. "Improper entry by an alien" as it is called, is a violation of Title 8 of the U.S. criminal code punishable by a fine of between $50 and $250 and/or a maximum of six months in jail.

It is considered difficult to prosecute because unless authorities catch someone in the act of crossing the border, it is easier to just deport them than spend the time and money needed to prove how they crossed the border. Even in border states, first-time offenders are rarely prosecuted because the court system would be inundated with millions of cases.

Q: So it's a crime to enter the country illegally, but not a crime to be here illegally. How can you do one without the other?

A: It's not hard, and millions of people have done it. People obtain legal visas to enter the U.S. for work, study or tourism and then simply remain in the country after the visa expires. Of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States, studies show about 40 percent to 50 percent came here legally but are now illegal immigrants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.