1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Republicans and the party are gutless

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by thunder, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thunder

thunder Active Member

Its really sad the state of the Republican Party. Who are they and what do they stand for anymore? The Republicans are giving into everything the Democrats wants. Someone like Lindsey Graham is ready to bend over and give up our gun rights.

2. archangel

archangel Member

A ship with no rudder. until they develope core values as a party and not be afraid to stand for them they will continue to be defeated. But it has been this way for many years many are wanabee libs. When the republican party speaks of expanding the base they really mean becoming more liberal to attract votes instead of educating about conservative principles to grow. Plus the republicans could use spokespeople who can SPEAK. I heard a young female conservative congresswoman the other day who was great. If They were a sports team the whole front office would have been let go: from the national party on down. Does not give me much hope about the comming gun legislation. Mike

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

As I've said many times on this forum, there is no Republican Party. It's just Democrat and Democrat-Lite. And, with all the outrageously irresponsible behavior and corruption going on, both are literally destroying this once great nation.

-Gary

4. thunder

thunder Active Member

As gun owners we better all join together and pound these limp Republicans with nice emails and remind them of our rights as gun owners.

5. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, here it comes! Get the popcorn!

An R with a rudder is an active TEA Party member. You know, those 'evil' Taxed Enough Already, moralled, Constitutionally anchored radicals that "lost the election for Romney"? Not perfect, but definitely not DC parasites, by any stretch of the imagination.

You don't have to leave the party, maybe it's time to take a second look at the TEA'ers.

Kip

6. warren

warren Member

The politicians are responding to the voters who are the ones that are responsible for all this. None of this would have ever happened if the voters would just pay attention. In my opinion it time to call a spade what it is and stop blaming somebody else. Voters expect someone else to pay and that is what has been going on for years.

warren

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

You never know, the democratic underground could be organized enough to pepper the republicans with emails supporting their dogma. How would the senators and congressmen know who they were coming from? They've already figured out how to select their opponent through crossover voting the primaries. Wouldn't take much, to have a bunch of "dead people" man their keyboards, and flood them with bogus emails.

Bob Falfa

8. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I don't think there has been a really honest election since the Democrats whined about Bush V. Gore in 2000. And, few before that.

Remember all the ruckus they raised about fraudulent voting machines. Well, it was all a hokes designed to get hands on the machines so they could develop a way to 'fix' them for themselves. It showed up in 2004 when a Texas precinct had 10K more D votes than registered voters.

With the Santa voters and inherently corrupt D's, there is little chance that Cloward-Piven will not become a constant for our future, how ever long we manage to last.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/theclowardpivenstrategypoe.html

Kip

9. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

I think yomama is about to get some of his own medicine. Stay tuned.

10. drgondog

drgondog Member

I have some issues with Graham on NDAA but to be fair he publically told Feinstein on air (Chris Wallace) that he had an AR-15 and he wasn't giving it up.

11. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Why were the dims so upset following the florida vote in 2000. Because they weren't supposed to lose fl. They screwed up the "rigging".

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

As I have said so many times, the only thing the republicans stand for is getting reelected. They are too morally stunted to understand it is that very mindset that keeps them losing.

13. JH

JH Well-Known Member

I bet most of you voted for a third party candidate and, in effect, HELPED OBAMA get elected.

Here is the deal: Our goal is to defeat the Liberal Democrats....the goal is not to go down in a blaze of stupidity (pre-adolescent nihilism?)...one has to fight to win...one has to be smart and fight battles one can WIN...there is no virtue in LOSING.....

To defeat the Liberals, one has to be politically adaptable, resilient and flexible.....STUPIDITY IS NO VIRTUE!

14. archangel

archangel Member

A good essay on this subject can be found @ Townhall.com it is by John Goodman, titled: Whats wrong with the GOP. mike

15. Guy

Guy Member

The problem with the Republicans is they pound the religious crap and anti-abortion bs into the ground......I don't care what your position is....have at it.....just stop rubbin' my nose in it.

I am completely behind the fiscal/second amendment position of the party.....but all the other crap makes it hard. There is no one more radical on this planet than a Christian.....oh, and all the other religions.

16. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

2016..your nightmare continues.........

GS

17. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Well you can always jump into the local arena and get involved.

Here in NC we elected a Republican Gov. for the first time in 20 years. We added to our Republican held majority state house and senate. And we voted a majority for Romney in a state that went for Obama 4 years ago. The only battleground state to do that.

How was it done? Hard work, dedicated leadership, and getting local grassroots volunteers.

In our county we had over 200 poll workers on election day! This in a county that until 2010 never had enough Republicans to even fill the required precinct positions. We elected 3 Republican Commisioners in 2010, the first time in over 100 years that our county commision was not Democrat controlled.

You need local candidates that are willing to stand on principal. You need to back your state Reps and you have to have candidates that can run for national seats and challenge those entrenched Washington democrats.

You do not always win but it gets the message out that we will not accept that we will all bow to the status quo.

18. SBray

SBray Active Member

I was listening to the Tom Sullivan talk show the other day. He was commenting on the Hurricane Sandy Relief Bill at $60.4B. He summed it up fine; they (both parties) are all responsible for this mess we are in. Throwing money around like there is no tomorrow and agreeing to extend the budget limit.

_____

If you think Europe has a very bad debt problem, wait until our country bottoms out!

JMHO,

Steve

19. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Has anyone done a comparison of aid to Katrina victims vs aid to Sandy victims?
    When? What? How much? Hours of continued press coverage? Number of victims? How long without aid? etc.? Press access? Number of victim interviews? Perhaps a double timeline?

20. SBray

SBray Active Member

I feel for the victims of all these disasters. It would be a terrible ordeal to go through.

I would like to know what happened to insurance companies being responsible for damages to homes and businesses?

It appeared that a great deal of the money suggested for pay out would not even go to the victims but to agencies, many of which are not even in the effected area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.