1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

=== REPUBLICAN TRIUMPH!!! ===

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GW22, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Well, we can all kick back and celebrate a moment of triumph over the recent trend of government irresponsibility. Our man John Boehner stared down the Democrats like a true conservative warrior and ram-rodded through a $38.5 Billion spending cut. Or, has Boehner magnanimously put it, "The Largest Real-Dollars Spending Cut in American History!" The historic stand he took during his courageous 'round-the-clock battle with the Democrats means that we can one day tell our grandkids that, back in 2011, there was ONE WEEK without deficit spending! That's one entire week during which we did not spend more money than we took in! Who said Conservatism was dead?

Thank God for John Boehner and the Republicans. Forget his nervous chain-smoking and the fact that he's a 61 year-old man with a fake tan who bursts into tears at the drop of a hat -- he is OUR LEADER and he represents the proud future of the Conservative movement.

Once again my friends, it is Morning In America!

-Gary

2. Hardage

Hardage TS Member

Now will lead shot prices go down? Another funny one that made my day yesterday was waking up to find out that the Woman/DEM in charge of getting vote totals in Waukesha county Wisconsin made a keyboard error when saving the totals in the Supreme court race between Prosser and Kloppenberg. Kloppenberg had declared "the people have spoken" with her victory of 200 votes in well over a million cast on Thursday night. Then...oops...she finds out the city of Brookfield was not counted and now Prosser is up over 7000 votes or so...funny as hell to me. She was queen for about 12 hours. The sad thing is that the Judicial system is so political. Prosser by the way said he didn't particularly like Walker's bill but would adhere to the letter of the law. Kloppenberg's campaign signs said that "A vote for Kloppenbers is a vote for NO against Walker" and she was heavily sponsored by the Union machine. They just couldn't steal this one...thing of beauty. All I want in the end is Judges who rule on the law and not on party line/activism motivations.

3. burtona

burtona Member

$38 billion! Peanuts! What happened to the $60+ billion they promised and said they would insist on before agreeing. Not much of a win it seems to me. It's just peanuts compared to the annual deficit much less the total debt. We'll see if they follow up with much more later. If not, we're lost!
    Dave Burton

4. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

This isn't a R or D win...its an American win although smaller than we would like. Its a small battle win in a much larger war. It does however set the tone for much larger cuts later. We must win the Senate and White House in 2012 or the Chinese win! ed nichols

5. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

I can't wait to see the debacle that ensues beginning May 15 when serious negotiations begin on the 2012 budget.

The way these Dems scream and whine over real cuts, there is no chance of getting agreement on a serious budget.

Pelosi claimed the GOP was trying to starve six million seniors on the home delivery meals program. Turns out there are only 2.6 million enrolled. Earned her a 6 out of 6 on O'Reilly's Pinocchio scale.

Dave

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

no one won....just kicking the can down the road a little bit more...

Michele Bachmann thinks abortion funding takes precedence over funding the troops oveseas and the civilians who support them. She now wants to introduce legislation that would protect troops' pay in the event of another potential shutdown....well geez, where was she when there was a threat of a gov't shutdown before? She wasn't advocating this stance before!!! Typical opportunist politico hack riding on the backs of our troops...

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Has anyone else stepped up and announced they would put a bill up keeping our troops paid if another shutdown looms? You can call her what you want but she voted no on this bill and is a least going to bat for the military families going forward. She has what most politicians lack. A backbone.

8. shelly

shelly TS Member

Now there 99, get your nose out of the Soros rectum. Backman has something you liberal twits lack- balls. So does Palin, which is why you hate them so much- you're jealous!

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I have to agree with trapperwads. But unfortunately I don't think we will ever get the cuts we need to survive.

If these people (republican and democrat) are really serious about cuts why do they always add personal pork projects to bills that need to pass? They both are guilty of running up the debt and pointing fingers at the other party.

Term limits, insurance for a year after they left office, prohibited from becoming a lobbyist and cut their pensions down to 10-20% of what they are getting now would be a good start, don't you think?

Bill

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm not sure if any of you were watching CSPAN a few minutes ago, but they showed footage of John Boehner coming out of the newly constructed Congressional Tanning Booth when someone explained that the "budget cut" he negotiated was 38.5 Billion, and not 38.5 Trillion. Boehner, of course, burst into tears.

He's still a Republican though, so I'm totally behind him and giddier than Chris Matthews humping Obama's left shin.

-Gary

11. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

GW, sounds like a tall tale to me but I guess even a crying Republican is better than any Democrat.

It sure turns my stomach when he turns on the faucet though. Makes me wish someone would grab him by the Windsor knot and Jap-slap him a few times. Not exactly a modern day John Wayne.

12. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

I think they should have let the government shut down.

The republicans went in looking for over 60 billion in cuts. They agreed on 38 Billion???

How do we expect to win the big battle when we caved on a small one?

Our debt is 14 trillion. We need to be cutting 100's of billions out of the budget.

The republicans should have stayed true to the 60 billion and let the place shut down if neccessary. Now the Dem's know they will cave and will feel no need or pressure the next go around when we go after even a bigger number.

13. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

What did they have to give up to get this "agreement" not to shut down the government and to cut spending such an less than promised? (They initially promised $100 billion and cut that to $61 billion, settled for $38 billion) This is what Dick Morris says they gave up:

* Obamacare not defunded.
    * The EPA not blocked from regulating carbon.
    * The NLRB not stopped from forcing an end to secret ballots in union contests.
    * Medicaid not block granted and turned over to the states.
    * Welfare spending not cut nor work requirements imposed.
    * The FCC not stopped from regulating talk radio.

14. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

if Bachmann really cared about separating military pay from any budget negotiations, she should would introduced legislation BEFORE, that addresses this issue, not AFTER the fact so she can claim political points.

shelly, looks like your dad Obama will still be using your bouncing checks to pay for stuff that he doesn't have the cash for....

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

38 Billion, 60 billion, not worth mentionoing, hardly. this is such a small portion of the needed cuts to achieve solvency it's laughable.

I saw a video last week with a table top covered in pennies, stacks of 5. This was one of those folding banquet tables, not a small one.

They took one penny out of one of those stacks, and cut it in half, then cut a third off.

That 1/3 of a penny is what the 60 billion represented.

What we have allowed our leaders to do is treason, and the death of our nation's finances. We are giving away 43 percent of our income for debt service.

Try that in a family situation. That is what we call bankruptcy. the way they pretend it is managable is a laugh.

I told you about the housing meltdown 10 months before it happened. That was peanuts compared to what's coming.

City dwellers, prepare. You will have the hardest time of all.

Stock food, ammo, components, and hard goods for barter.

( I hope I'm full of BS but I fear not)

HM

16. oz

oz Active Member

how about a bill if we don't have a budget CONGRESS does not get paid. oz

17. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Next time someone goes in to bargin they need to send someone with ball. 38.5 billion is only 2.6 cents of 1 dollar of the debt. The only winner was that freegen OBAMMA team. Sure is a far cry from 100 billion the people wanted. When the hell are we going to get someone that will stick to the words given.

The people are really gonna feel this one. To Bad Wild Bill

18. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

The public is a bunch of blind sheep.

Most people really don't think about what they pay in taxes because the governemnt takes it out of your pay check automatically. Then whats left over you have to pay your property tax, school tax, sales tax, etc, etc, etc......

If our income tax wasn't taken out automatically and we had to write a check at the end of the year people would finally realize how much there giving up and there would have been a government shutdown. It's a lot harder to miss money you've never had in your hand and the government knows this all to well.

I'm 37 and never thougt I would see the end of our country. Now I'm not so sure. The notion of sacrafice and going without has become foreign concept.

19. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

You can always tell who the libs fear by the continual attacks. They must really fear Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin.

20. shelly

shelly TS Member

You got that right 3200, as 99 has repeatedly shown. As scared as they are of those 2, they are equally or more scared of Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.