1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Republican Mantra on

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by midalake, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Just a SIMPLE Poll?

Is it OK to be able to deduct income from taxation more than DOUBLE WHAT MOST PEOPLE MAKE????

"Latest index
    The national average wage index for 2011 is 42,979.61. The index is 3.13 percent higher than the index for 2010."

"Taxpayers with adjusted gross incomes of $250,000 or more deducted an average of nearly $91,000 in 2010, according to a CNNMoney analysis of Internal Revenue Service data. If Congress limits deductions to $50,000, folks in this income bracket would be hit harder than others."

"Only about one-third of Americans itemize their deductions, and they are mostly the well off. In 2010, only 29.3% of those making between $30,000 and $50,000 itemized, but 96.8% of those making $250,000-plus did."

GS

PS this is a calculation for those making about 250k

In reality that is peanuts........

2. midalake

Rick

I changed the question to a poll.

I answer plenty of questions, but not opinions.

Your last statement implies that it might not be ok for someone to deduct that much, but you justify it by believing that Govt. spending is out of control.

Two wrongs do not make a right!!!

GS

3. midalake

Are you ACTUALLY capable of answering YES OR NO RICK????

IT is a POLL...POLL....POLL...POLL

I will answer my poll

NO

"Is it OK to be able to deduct income from taxation more than DOUBLE MOST PEOPLE MAKE????"

GS

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Mudflakes you need professional help, go find a shrink, I bet you would baffle the best with your thinking

5. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Yes. Why do you covet what other people have earned? Nearly half of the people in this country pay NO income tax but most get money back anyway from tax credits thrown into the code by the liberal democrats. Just who isn't paying their fair share? Everyone should have a little skin in the game, say a flat tax on everything over the poverty level plus 10%.

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

How does this relate to shooting? Historically speaking the liberals have been anti-gun while conservatives are pro-gun; I've been following this issue since 1968. We will fight to keep and bear arms against those who wish to infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights. Where do you stand? If you do not support the shooting sports you shouldn't be on this website fighting with those who do. Class division does not relate to shooting. I'm happy when one of my fellow shooting spend five figures for a Perazzi, Seitz or any other kindred shotguns. I could care less about how much taxes they pay. I could care less about whether the support or belong to a union or not. I do, however, care if they support guns. BT100dc

7. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

He!! Yes we should get more deductions not less!

8. midalake

Just a SIMPLE Poll?

Is it OK to be able to deduct income from taxation more than DOUBLE WHAT MOST PEOPLE MAKE????

"Latest index
    The national average wage index for 2011 is 42,979.61. The index is 3.13 percent higher than the index for 2010."

"Taxpayers with adjusted gross incomes of $250,000 or more deducted an average of nearly $91,000 in 2010, according to a CNNMoney analysis of Internal Revenue Service data. If Congress limits deductions to $50,000, folks in this income bracket would be hit harder than others."

"Only about one-third of Americans itemize their deductions, and they are mostly the well off. In 2010, only 29.3% of those making between $30,000 and $50,000 itemized, but 96.8% of those making $250,000-plus did."

GS

PS this is a calculation for those making about 250k

In reality that is peanuts........

9. midalake

Rick

I changed the question to a poll.

I answer plenty of questions, but not opinions.

Your last statement implies that it might not be ok for someone to deduct that much, but you justify it by believing that Govt. spending is out of control.

Two wrongs do not make a right!!!

GS

10. midalake

Are you ACTUALLY capable of answering YES OR NO RICK????

IT is a POLL...POLL....POLL...POLL

I will answer my poll

NO

"Is it OK to be able to deduct income from taxation more than DOUBLE MOST PEOPLE MAKE????"

GS

11. Catpower

Mudflakes you need professional help, go find a shrink, I bet you would baffle the best with your thinking

12. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Yes. Why do you covet what other people have earned? Nearly half of the people in this country pay NO income tax but most get money back anyway from tax credits thrown into the code by the liberal democrats. Just who isn't paying their fair share? Everyone should have a little skin in the game, say a flat tax on everything over the poverty level plus 10%.

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

How does this relate to shooting? Historically speaking the liberals have been anti-gun while conservatives are pro-gun; I've been following this issue since 1968. We will fight to keep and bear arms against those who wish to infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights. Where do you stand? If you do not support the shooting sports you shouldn't be on this website fighting with those who do. Class division does not relate to shooting. I'm happy when one of my fellow shooting spend five figures for a Perazzi, Seitz or any other kindred shotguns. I could care less about how much taxes they pay. I could care less about whether the support or belong to a union or not. I do, however, care if they support guns. BT100dc

14. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

He!! Yes we should get more deductions not less!

15. midalake

Catpower

"Mudflakes you need professional help, go find a shrink, I bet you would baffle the best with your thinking"

Before you make statements like that. You should just consider putting on your big boy pants when the TRUTH hurts.

A simple Yes answer would have been fine......

GS

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

One more time since you are a slow learner:

Top 1% pay 40% of the taxes, top 10% pay 70%, and top 20% pay 90%

As stated by Simpson and Bowles on Face the Nation yesterday: "Clinton era taxes will only pay less than 25% of the 2013 deficit ($1.2 trillion). It won't affect our current debt of $16 trillion at all. Cuts in entitlements are the only way. "We can't keep our promises". Tax hikes will slow down a near non-existant recovery said Bowles (a democrat).

Means tested insurance, disability, and entitlement programs will have to be implemented, though politically unpopular.

UH OH....the gig's up!

17. Catpower

Don't ever answer anything for me you loser, I could care less how much someone makes as long as they pay the taxes according to the law, not what some bozo like you or onumbnuts thinks is the fair share

If they paid everything it wouldn't be enough for you and your ilk

18. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Catpower- 2, mudflakes- zero.

19. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Midalake- In your opening post, you state that $250,000 is 'in reality is peanuts'. What kind of arrogant and snobish remark is that. I guess in your ivory tower, with hot and cold running servants, you don't know how the rest of us are trying to get by. I hope you don't get the shits from eating too much caviar and fois gras.

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.