1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Republican leadership selling us out right on cue

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wireguy, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Republican Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia, a conservative member of the National Rifle Association who posed with a rifle and promised to protect the Second Amendment in his election campaign videos, said on Monday that it's time to reconsider our nation's gun laws.

"I'm a proud outdoors-man and huntsman, like many Americans, and I like shooting, but this doesn't make sense," he said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "I don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting arena that goes out with an assault rifle. I don't know anybody that needs 30 rounds in a clip to go hunting. I mean, these are things that need to be talked about."

"Seeing the massacre of so many innocent children has changed everything," Manchin added. "Everything has to be on the table and I think it will be."

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

wireguy - did you even vote? And?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You know Gene, I've never engaged in the words of war against you here. It is often claimed that you are unbalanced, and with your question I must wonder if your detractors aren't right about you. I must ask, on the basis of what facts or even evidence do you ask that question? Yes, I held my nose and voted for the slick republican.

4. g7777777

Well if you voted did you make your feelings known as in contacting him/them?

Complaining is complaining

Take some positive action please

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I don't think Joe Manchin is Republican, he's always run on a Democrat ticket as long as I can remember.

6. g7777777

So wireguy voted for a Democrat thinking he was a Republican? Say it isnt so

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

And he did in the last election too, he is a dimocrat

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Yup, Manchin's a Dumbocrat. Probably taking allot of heat from his fellow Dumbocrats for being pro-gun.

Gene, it's hard for wireguy to vote for or against a Dumbocrat from West Virginia when he lives in California. He's referring to the slick Republican that lost the last election.

We here in California have a unique problem that other states don't have to encounter when we vote. The majority of the people running for office are either whack jobs, queers or ultra liberal. In the last mayoral election in San Diego, the choice came down to voting for an ultra liberal, or a gay Republican, or a Lesbian (currently our DA).

Thank God we still have some level headed, respectable, upstanding straight Republicans we can rely on like our Representative Duncan Hunter.

Kevin

9. g7777777

LMAO at Kevin

Tears running down my face

Kevin- how do we get you to open up and tell us how you really feel?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS - I actually showed Duncan Hunter around our local gun range a few years ago

10. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Gene, your credibility has been sorely diminished with your recent attacks on the character of fellow posters. Personally, I find your attack on the second amendment rights of those who have not performed service, military or otherwise offensive but I'll allow you the courtesy of your opinion.

What Wireguy posted was simply a report gathered from a media source and somehow you twist it to suit your personal agenda. Since I have personal knowledge of Wireguy's conservative character, just let me say that he is far from shy about expressing his thoughts to his elected representatives. As to who he voted for, that was none of your or anyone else's business and totally irrelevant. However, since he shared how about you do the same.

Robert

11. g7777777

RobertT

Here is my thought on that last election plain and simple. This so called tea party lost the last election for the Republican party along with all the free gifts the Democrats gave out to various groups

I voted for Mitt Romney who I believe is a stand up guy and who would have made a difference.

As far as second amendment rights- my position is that Bushmaster carbine type weapons need more regulation than they are currently getting. I think military members have received the type of training needed on firearms and also have had significant background and performance screening. I think their service and training should be recognized and I am sorry you dont feel that way.

As for national service- well logically we need to do that- we exempt people like you because of age but we just cant keep giving the right to vote away and keep having a divisive society with groups that are never forced to mix as they would be in mandatory service and who would leave with a different vision of the nation after completion of such service. I am sorry you cant endorse or maybe even appreciate that view

Regards from Iowa

Gene

12. trap72

trap72 Member

Hear! hear! this, assualt weapons are going down.

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Sen. Manchin is a Democrat (WV); he ran on opposition to Obamacare and claimed he was pro-gun. Can you really deep down trust a Democrat if a vote comes up on Assault Weapons? I never will. We have enough problem keeping the Republicans on the right side of gun issues. Although I shoot 95% of the time trap but I believe we must hang tough on opposition of the upcoming Assault Weapons ban laws. These evil mass murders, along with any single murder, is a crime against humanity and no law of this type will stop murder. It's a deep-rooted problem with miscreants not 30 round magazines. When you vote for leaders you get what you deserve. BT100dc

14. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

With all due regard, the Tea Party didn't loose this election any more than the Constitutional Party, the Green Party, or the many others.

The Democrat Party bought this election with fraud, OPM's and massive national debt. "it's hard to vote against Santa Claus", is the perfect descriptor. James Carville wasn't kidding when he said, of his own party, "80% of Democrats at illiterate". 'Mushrooms' may be a better analogy - kept in the dark and fed horseshit. Whatever; it works, and it will continue to work until we experience the next (un)civil war.

The unbearable part is that it continues to be done with such ease, and lately with such open contempt and guile.

The Republican Party hasn't been a friend to the average conservative for 2 decades. I don't find it surprising that they are bailing on their voter support, now, to try to protect and preserve their own silky skins.

Heinlein's Razor:
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice."

Survival is a first-instinct. The desire to protect and defend such a lush existence would be an overwhelming temptation. Especially when there is so little consequence for doing so.

We'll need all our weapons if we are to take back our American dream.

Kip

15. ORG

ORG Member

Trap72, please define an assault weapon for me.

16. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Gene, let me quote you.

“As far as second amendment rights- my position is that Bushmaster carbine type weapons need more regulation than they are currently getting. I think military members have received the type of training needed on firearms and also have had significant background and performance screening. I think their service and training should be recognized and I am sorry you dont feel that way”.

“As for national service- well logically we need to do that- we exempt people like you because of age but we just cant keep giving the right to vote away and keep having a divisive society with groups that are never forced to mix as they would be in mandatory service and who would leave with a different vision of the nation after completion of such service. I am sorry you cant endorse or maybe even appreciate that view”

Gene, let me break this down. Bushmaster type weapons are semi-automatic weapons capable of shooting only one round with each trigger pull, not weapons capable of spewing hundreds of rounds with a single pull of the trigger. You are well aware of this fact but would regulate a weapon based on its appearance rather than its inherent merits.

"We exempt people like you?" "We can’t just keep giving the right to vote away?"
    You have no idea what my qualifications and endorsements are but regardless, by your statement you would deny those who come of age, work hard and pay tax’s the right to self-determination by denying their constitutional right to vote based solely on whether they were conscripted into service to the nation. As for the part about “I think their service and training should be recognized and I am sorry you don’t feel that way”

To make it short, my father took part in 5 pacific invasions during WWII, was part of the occupation force in Japan immediately following the war, served in the Korean conflict and retired after serving 20yrs. My mother served in the RCAF during the war stationed in London for two years enduring the German rocket attacks. By your inference, their children should be denied the values and principles they fought for.

Incidentally, I was drafted for service in Vietnam 6 months out of High School. Although I was at the time enrolled full time in college and entitled to a student deferral I opted to answer the call, call me crazy! The doctors at the induction center sent me back home stating I was “physically” unfit for service. I have three sons who have served in the military. My eldest is 16yrs. into his military career and has deployed to the Middle East 5 times. However, by your measure. not having actively served in the military makes me a member of a social deviate group, never having been forced to mix (or play well with others) in order to have a “different vision of the nation?

Had a friend who has since passed away. He went to law school and passed the Illinois state bar. Spent his legal career "30yrs" working for the Postal Service in legal affairs. Was he an Attorney or just a legal beagle?

Incidentally, by your own admission you voted for a man, Mitt Romney, who though I agree with you regarding his character, would have been not only President but Commander in Chief were he elected. Imagine, no prior military service and in command of the worlds most powerful military force.

Robert

17. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

There is no Republican leadership. So stop blaming the nonexistent.

18. g7777777

RobertT

No I meant we would exempt people like you from national service because of age- I figured you were older- there would have to be a start point, anyone older is exempted

I think the Israel or Swiss approach would work- age 18 but you can defer for 2 years and apply for 2 more(unlikely to get that though)

We need to do something and this isnt working-

We need to get the "buying" people Kipling is talking about eliminated

Rather focus on natinal service that gives you a mixed and trained electorate and spread by national service with a vision and skills they can use to further that vision and earn money while making a future

Regards from Iowa

Gene

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Hey Gene,,,,,just WHO do you think made the difference in 2010 to get the majority in the House????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.