1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Republican Joe Barton from TX

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I would have expected that from a Dem and not a Rep.

2. Rimfirejim

Rimfirejim TS Member

Well just like Ex Senator Larry Craig, Rush Limbaugh's Pill excuse, Halfmile's Union Background and now Rep. Joe Barton and his one and half million dollars in campaign contributions from Big Oil.They are all your "typical run of the mill "Small Minded, Greedy Republicans.

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

But John Murtha...he was a stand-up, honest guy, above all that "graft" stuff. Right?

How about Cold Cash Jefferson.

Republicans don't have the market cornered on small mindedness and greed.

4. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Nothing,,,not one incident of greed holds a candle to slick willie's deal with the Chi-coms,,to give them missile guidance technology that they lacked,,in exchange for suit cases full of campaign CASH. Technology that today is in the hands of none other than NORTH KOREA.

I posted years ago, that it will take DECADES,,to recover from that impeached cuss,,if we ever do recover..

Just one of many, of your complete failures, Rimfingeridiot..

5. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

And here Rimfingeridiot, why don't you tell the real story?

"BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics."

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the "Prince of the Fools" should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president. Liberals are a disgrace.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Don't feed the urinal cake munchers!!

Curt

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

This idiot from Texas showed his true colors and is what is wrong with senators and congressmen of both parties in Washington. He is bought and paid for by big oil. Yes Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Barney Frank and the others need to be run out of town and tarred and feathered, but this idiot is just as bad as they are.

DoubleAuto

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

If you would listen to his full message,,,,he wants to KNOW where the money will go and WHO will administer (steal) it....

BP should have put the money in a fund that a TRULLY independent party administered,,,,this is just "wealth transfer" and hussein is using corporate money to help HIM,,,,we NEED BP to stay in business and not be completely villified,,,,you keep putting pressure on them, force them into bankruptcy and then GUESS WHO PAYS.....

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rimbo, a wig will hide the lobotomy scars, but you have to try and control the slobbering.

Idiot.

HM

10. DoubleAuto

bigdogtx:

You need to open your eyes and mind. This guy is owned by BIG OIL. If he thought he was so right with his statement, why didn't he stand up to his party's leadership and stand by his statement. He crawled back out in front of the news media with his party's boot to his rear end and tried to sqirm out of the statement. This guy needs to go. Hopefully his constituents will vote him out. We need honest people in office no matter what the party. It would be a nice change.

DoubleAuto

11. Rimfirejim

Rimfirejim TS Member

How's it going HYPOCRITE Brother Halfmile! Still enjoying that LIBERAL Union IBEW Pension .

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Double you need to listen better. He was condemning Obama's actions, he was not letting BP of the hook. He was condemning the shakedown and establishing a Obama run slush fund, watch if you can how the money is paid out.

Do you always swallow everthing thrown at you. Secondly what he did(Obama) is illegal but what do you care, Big Corporation, involved so screw-em. Who is going to pay if the 20 billion puts them into bankruptcy?? They already agreed to pay for all damages, did they need everyone else to pile on.

Barton just had the balls to say what they others were thinking and then to keep his committee seat kissed a little political ass.

It's people like you and rimjob who believe all this BS and keep electing idiots like we got.

Don

13. bigdogtx

DA, well there are others that feel the way it was done was a total shake down.

Bachmann: President Practicing 'Extortion' with BP

Washington (CNSNews.com) – Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-Minn.) said Tuesday that President Barack Obama is exceeding his legitimate constitutional authority in telling BP it must set up an independent fund, not controlled by the company, for compensating victims of the Gulf oil spill. She described the administration's policy as an action "that's all about extortion."

"Private companies need to be held accountable but not necessarily to the executive branch," said Bachmann. "It seems to me there’s a misreading of the Constitution and a misunderstanding of jurisdictional limits from this White House on what the extent of executive power is. They don’t seem to understand that and it—now it seems that it’s all about extortion--and that what they want to do is create a pot of money for themselves that they can control and that’s not what the Executive is supposed to do. There is a real misreading of jurisdictional limits, and they continue to stretch those limits beyond all bounds."

Bachmann, who was speaking to a gathering of bloggers held at the conservative Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C., criticized the administration’s response to the massive oil spill in the Gulf.

The conservative from Minnesota said she was particularly bothered by the call President Obama made Monday--later reiterated in his Oval Office address Tuesday night--for BP to set aside money for reimbursements to victims of the Gulf oil spill that would be administered independently, taking control of the money away from the company.

14. DoubleAuto

Well Big Dumb I have voted for Republicans all my life because the Democrats offer nothing but the redistribution of wealth, welfare for all, etc. The Republicans of late have joined the Democrats in allowing big business to screw this country by turning a blind eye to illegal aliens to give them cheap labor for their big supporter's companies, joining the Democrats on voting for TARP and CASH FOR CLUNKERS, and on and on and on. Big business is vital to this country but not at the detriment of the legal citizen/taxpayer. I can't and wouldn't vote for Barton but he is what is wrong with the Senate and the House on both sides of the aisle.

Barton has gotten $1,676,930 from oil companies. Bought and paid for. Is Barton one of the "idiots like we got" that you refer to?

You apparently believe everything that the Republicans say Big Dumb? What did the Republicans do when they had control of congress in fixing illegal immigration, balancing the budget, fixing social security, etc when a Republican president was in office? Our national debt has gotten worse, Bush kissed whoever was the Mexican president at the times rear end and the banking industry has been allowed to almost ruin this country. There is plenty of blame for both sides. I have held out hope that the Republicans could/would put this country on the straight, stable path to better times by voting for them and working in local Republican campaigns. But they too have sold out for personal gain, power and politics just like the Democrats. Baxter had 1,676,930 reasons to side with big oil against the American People. Put on your big boy drawers Big Dumb. All Republicans are not saints just because they are "Republicans". If anything, it is people like you who blindly vote without knowing the facts that have gotten us in the fix we are in. Pull your head out of wherever you keep it to become informed before you speak.

DoubleAuto

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Chicago Politics hard at work = Shakedown ...

The point that was made was a good one, the way it was made was not ... Joe Barton made reference to Obama doing a "shakedown" on BP rather than having the funding set aside and disbursed as it should be ... I watched it and it could't be taken any other way ... Obama is "shakingdown" America why not an Oil Company or two on the side ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

When I heard his speech, I was thinking that he didn't like how odumba went about it, and how he intended to administer the money. It didn't sound to me like he though BP should not be responsible. Barton does not trust that this administration will do the right thing any more than I do.

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

double A??h???: You are the one sounding like someone has their hand up your butt making your lips move. You believe the partial truths or falsehoods that various rumor mongers start. The cool aid stand is to your right, help yourself. I think you had better go check the voting records before you paint all repubs. with your democratic paint brush. Please tell me about all the illegals that work for major(large Corp.)companies, please name names. If you can't think of any then go back to the bar where you obviously get all your info and see if they can help you.

Being from Texas I would expect him to recieve Oil Money. You know Texas, Republicans, Oil kind of equals Oil Money.

Your attempt at name calling is also very lame, try to be a little more original. By the way I once voted for a man named Kennedy.

Don

18. bigdogtx

Don, that one doesn't count,,,,today JFK would be considered a conservative republican,,,,"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country". We have lost this type of character....

19. AA2atlow8

AA2atlow8 TS Member

Fellas, I think I got to agree with Double Auto on this one. This guy made "dubya" appear intelligent. Sounds like big don probably masturbates while watching F**ked News or listening to the fat Florida dope fiend. Oh, alladin, little bitches like you go crazy when some criticizes any Bush f**k ups but you can still say things about hetero Bill. WTH!! Grow some and admit one of your own is a f***ing moron to the Nth order.

20. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Why not hire the "OIl FOR FOOD" guys from the UN to administer the fund? Knfi Annan is available to work on this with his son, for example. They have experience and will probably steal less than the "pay czar" who is beholden to Obama!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.