1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

== REPUBLICAN DUMMY ALERT ==

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Remember back in 2008 when we ran someone absolutely unelectible and got our @sses handed to us? Remember how that worked out? Well buckle up, friends, because Newt Gingrich has officially announced his bid and is about to do the same thing to us in 2012.

No matter how brilliant of a man he is (and make no mistake -- Newt IS brilliant), he can't overcome his long history of moral lapses.

-Gary

2. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Kudos to Gary...a pragmatist who isn't "drinking the right-wing Kool aid." Remember folks, it's the independent voters who decide elections. So keep listening to Rush, Beck, Hannity and O'Reilly, and buckle-up for another 4 years of Obama.

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

The Electoral College

Ryan sweeps Ohio and ultimately crushes the unions.

Rubio(VP) takes Florida and the Hispanics and solves the little matter of illegal immigration.

Poetry Night will be fun again.

It's time for NEW BLOOD.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. I am not going to support the republican party with any donations until they come up with a truly viable candidate. It's almost like they WANT liberals to win.

5. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

To tell the truth it is real hard to find a differance between the two parties.

6. moserag

moserag Member

I can't help but wonder why "moral lapses" only hurt Republicans?

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If the spirit of the Tea Party is squashed by our apathy we are lost. Both the GOP and the Dems fear the Tea Party more than anything.

We have to regain the momentum of less than a year ago. That zeal to take back our country has seem to faded. Time to fire up again.

Marco Rubio.........a young man with thrice the intelligence of BO. Christy too except for his gun stance.

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've been doing a lot of reading about Mitch Daniels from Indiana. If he gets into the fight, I just may have to hang my hat with him. He seems to have his act together and is a man the gets the job done, not just make a lot of promises.

ss

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Moserag:

You wondered why '"moral lapses" only hurt Republicans?'

Gary Hart and John Edwards are glaring examples of your premise not being sound. However, I get what you're saying. So let me explain:

If you are black, you almost certainly vote Democrat.

If you are Hispanic, you almost certainly vote Democrat.

If you are on the public dole, you almost certainly vote Democrat (after all, they let you slack off and pay you to do it).

If you are a union worker, you almost certainly vote Democrat (you've basically been bought & paid for).

If you are a lawyer or a teacher, you almost certainly vote Democrat.

If you work for the government, you almost certainly vote Democrat (rapidly growing segment, and you've basically been bought & paid for).

If you are a college educated woman, you are very likely vote Democrat (I still haven't completely figured this one out, but it's true).

So all of these people -- tens of millions of them -- are "In The Tank" for the Democrats. They'd vote for any Democrat short of Satan himself, and 2/3 would even do that. Now don't get me wrong, Republicans have their "In The Tank" people too -- most people on TS.com are like that (and I'm close to being in the tank myself, as long as they don't nominate a dolt or a guaranteed loser, which they seem to enjoy doing these days). But it's the REST of the people -- the independent thinkers ( not necessarily registered Independents, mind you) who decide on the Presidency. And because the Republicans don't have as many people "In The Tank," and because the Democrats are well funded and gaining support from all the people they've allowed onto the public dole, the Republicans need more and more of the independent thinkers. Republicans, therefore, get held to a higher moral standard. They simply need a higher portion of the voters who might vote either way.

Make sense now?

-Gary

10. turbobike

turbobike Member

DO you really think the Republicans are going to run anybody worth while this election? Obama is unbeatable this election....don't be surprised if there is talk of repealing the 2-term limit in 2016.

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Clinton did.

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

OK, Barry...since you suggested Mark Rubio to me on my fb page, I have taken a hard look at him, and I can get behind this guy. I'd forgotten who he was, but I did follow the Florida elections at the time, and I now I remember that I really liked him. I would vote for him if he ran for president. Is there any chance of him running? He would make a great running mate with Allen West, with either one running for top billing.

13. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

So what Republican candidate was electable in 2008 after Lehman Brothers failed?

Before that failure McCain-Palin were leading in the polls.

14. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Marco has flat said he is NOT running for president in 2012. He will be president some day just not in 2012. I am begining to think we conservatives are harder on the candidates than the media. I know for fact the media doesn't do any background checking on their own lib candidates. But then again adults should be held to a higher standard. Any thoughts on Santorum? He seems to be very conservative but better suited to me as a VP. Could Bachmann win the nomination? I love her tuoughness and stance on almost every issue. But she too seems to be better suited as VP. OK maybe it is up to Herman Cain.

15. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Santorum is not from the original Tea Party (fiscal responsibility) wing of the Party. He's from social issues wing. Wrong battle right now. I can pass on the social issues until after the budget and economy are properly addressed.

16. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

I kind of like the sound of Bachman/Rubio ticket. We get the independent females and the latino vote. Tim

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Oh, I almost forgot -- Newt also pushed universal socialized medicine a few years back including mandated purchase. How is he going to argue against it with any credibility now?

-Gary

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Why do the Republicans keep losing?

Because they keep crapping on their friends.

19. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I'm reminded of Rex Reeves on the Gong Show when he said, "Having no talent is no longer enough." The time has finally come when we are saying, "Having no integrity is no longer enough." Most of the vocal contenders for the nomination are nothing more than antique political hacks who would rather climb a tree and tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth. To a man, their individual motivations are driven by greed and a sense of entitlement. Newt thinks that his leadership nearly 2 decades ago is ample qualification. Romney thinks that because his Pre-Obama-Obamacare was what he believed was the right thing to do, then, even if it has nearly bankrupted Massachusetts, he is still reeeeelly wonderful, and deserves the nod. Trump is a humorless Yankee. Ron Paul reminds me of Barney Fife(without his service revolver), etc., ad nauseam.

We have a veritable treasure trove of brilliant, brave, and authentic talent in the lower echelons of the conservative movement. I'll never forget how proud I was when Paul Ryan openly and emphatically refuted the president's economic assessments last year. Walker in Wisconsin! Christie in New Jersey!
    McDonnell in Virginia! Senator Rubio!

It's like we can't see the forest for the trees. We are at a pivotal point in our history. Where is Russell Casse now that we need him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.