1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Republic or democracy or?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blooch, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blooch

blooch Member

http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment/

Interesting discussion on what the various forms of goverment are.........

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Kleptocracy is the word that comes to mind.

3. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I STRONGLY encourage every American citizen to view this most-informative video. It is probably the best dissection of the various forms of government I have ever seen or heard.

If there is anyone who cannot see the path that we are heading, I am truly concerned and sorry for you.

Take 10 and a half minutes of your lifetime to view this piece of education. Once you have - send the link to EVERYONE on your contact lists. Although I fear we have regressed too far already to effect positive reform, perhaps it will cause some to re-think their views as to the role and purpose of government in our lives.

4. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Yes I agree. I looked at the video and passed it on. It is a must see.

trapgeek

5. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Posting the site

6. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I passed it on too.............

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT!!!! EVERY child should be taught this civics and history lesson from the 3rd grade until graduation from college!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

9. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

These few minutes have explained where we as a country have come from and where we may end up if we are not vigilant. As was explained in the video, democracy may often be nothing more than the tyranny of the majority. Too often, people I discuss this with simply do not comprehend the significant differences between a Republic and a Democracy. I find it very disturbing that so many do not even understand what our form of government actually is, even as they live under it.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

This is one of the most important links ever posted on our site!! It should be stuck at the top and be required reading/watching to post here! The slope is getting more slippery every day folks! The idiots we elect are destroying our country and system of government which is/was the best ever devised! Ben F. said "we've given you a Republic, if you can keep it." We're losing it dammed quick folks!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.