1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reporting on BluBlockers for shotgun sports

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I searched the TS files for BluBlockers and didn't find anything. I have a relatively inexpensive pair of BluBlocker sunglasses that I tried a day when I left my regular shooting glasses at home. I am fascinated by how much that color helped clarify the target - sharp and distinct in all but the lowest light. I began Google searching for "real" shooting glasses with this color lens. With all the colors and shades on the market, none even suggest that they use BluBlocker colors - or even that they're "like" BluBlockers.

I've sent emails to a couple of the major companies that sell shooting glasses - asking which of their lenses are closest to the original BluBlocker. Still waiting for a reply.

Would anyone like to set me straight about this color lens? Since eye surgery 30+ years ago I find that blue light is irritating. These lenses are the best for cutting that color light. If nothing else, I will probably continue to use te original BluBlocker glasses. Now, I wonder if they meet safety standards.

2. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

The Decot people contacted me and are sending samples of their blue blocking colors. I can sample them and compare to my cheap sunglasses. That's impressive.

Larry

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have Decot Blue Blockers and for me they work just fine. I understand they are a 'filter' rather than a color but mine are like a medium target orange. I asked Della Mclure about them some years ago and she said that airline pilots found them to cause irritation but since I'm not trying to read an instrument panel at 20,000 feet they work fine for trapshooting.

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Cheap blue blockers or cheap glasses of any kind will have distortion, you need to see the bird clearly if you want to shoot well. Quality glasses that fit are one of the best cost to benefit ratio things you can buy to improve your shooting.

Personally I like the lightest tint I can stand without squinting on any given day, we actually see reflected light and the darker the tint the less light gets to your eye. I also believe unnatural colors and tints can be more of a hindrance than help.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I had Decot make me two pair. One, blue blocker over standard clear and one blue blocker over polarized.

I love the BBs/polarized for driving and just walking around on bright sunny days. They really reduce that miswestern late summer haze too.

The BB's only are good for driving or shooting in a fog. Others may find them helpful for shooting and if your see me at a shoot just ask to try them before you buy some.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I actually still use the first generation of blue blocker that are a bright coppery orange tint and they work in everything from bright sunlight to very deep heavy overcast..even work great under the lights...but you rarely find them today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blue blocker shooting glasses

blue blocker sunglasses for shooting
target blue blocker glasses