1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reply to Trappy12 on $ per round at Bristol

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ccridr, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccridr

ccridr Member

Trappy12 Stated we charge $8.00 per round. This is my reply
    How about putting your brain in gear before running your mouth! The fact is tnat at the Conservation Club of Kenosha County in Bristol Wi. just raised all prices 1 dollar per round.

Shooting Fees

Trap & Skeet Standard $5.00 Non member $9.00
    Trap & Skeet Jr. & Sr.$4.00 Non member $6.00

Trap Doubles Members $7.00 Non member $9.00

5-Stand
    Member: $5.00 Non member $9.00
    Jr. & Sr.Membe $4.00 Non member $6.00

Yes, we raised the prices, we are in the middle of a $400,000 project that when finished this year will be a complete new shot gun range and club house.
    Also included in a yearly membership ($75.00 ) are rifle, pistol, bow, black powder and air gun ranges. Name one other club in a 100 mile circle that can offer all thoes services. For the first and only time in our 80 year history we had a one time $100.00 assement for all members to help finance our project that also included baffels for the rifle range.
    So Trappy12 get your facts stright before running your mouth!!! If you wish to take this up face to face with me, I an at the range every weekend. By the way, I have enough balls to sign my real name. DO you???
    Colby M Cousineau, range officer at CCKC.

2. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

oh im sure hes so sorry you charge even more than 8 i have personally never heard of this club you think before opening your big mouth you would make sure he wasnt talking about n bristol dane county

3. berettagold53954

and if your the range officer im not going to even try that club who wants to go shoot and listen to such a jerkif your an officer in a club think before you speak people like you are why the sports not getting new shooters

4. berettagold53954

oops se by your name why your a jerk dont come here and bash fellow shooters till you are one rookie

5. berettagold53954

sorry zara just makes me mad when someone sees something as simple as this and starts a new thread to bash a person and ccridr is a new shooter thats why i called him rookie and his club doesnt shoot reg obviously never heard of it n bristo sportsman club in dane county is the only bristol ive heard of so before all of us on here try to bash someone lets get the facts straight but sportsnot deserves it go to town

6. berettagold53954

where do you usually shoot zara im a regular at portage now that i have moved pry n bristol

7. 682b

682b Member

Gosh, I never thought I would be taking up for Trappy, but you sure are proud of your $9.00 price for guests. I don't think you will get many at that price. Colby are you a bully? The kid is 16 years old or so. I like this face to face stuff. What are you going to do Beat him up? I think you are one of those single projectile guys. Jim Heart

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

2.50 member - 4.00 non at the Rockingham GC near Reidsville NC.

Colby - are you the official deranged officer?

FR

9. LOWGUN

LOWGUN TS Member

$2.50 committee member, $3.00 regular member and $5.00 guest at Durham County Wildlife Club,NC.

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Looks like you could rape non-members by a couple more bucks on the doubles. The price for non-members should at least be $11.00.

WIth your attitude I hope that the price increases aren't a significant budgeted portion of your $400,000.00 project. If it is then you guys are going to be upside down.

11. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

I love shooting at Bristol, WI.

I've been shooting there for about 8 years now and have really never had a negative experience except for the occasional newbie that wants to load 3 rounds into his 870 when he steps up to the line. Other than that, always good times.

And lets put the pricing into perspective. McHenry Sportsman charges $4.50 for members, $7.00 for non.

I think Winchester was around the same range and I won't even get into what Northbrook charges as their membership alone will cost you over $1K.

So for the area, which is really what you should use as a baromter, not a club a thousand miles away, Bristol is right within the group.

The rifle range is great too because $5 for a member will let you shoot for the whole day.

So as you can tell, I like Bristol. Always have and hopefully always will. It really is a great club with a lot of great shooters and fellow sportsman. I don't know who Colby is because I haven't shot shotgun sports up there in awhile but I can assure you, guys like Wayne, Lee and some of the other tenured Range Officers are top notch people.

12. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Trappy, just out of curiosity, how did you get "screwed" in the Fall League?

I've shot league there a few years ago and thought it was run pretty well.

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

ccridr, your out of line bashing anyone. If your club is charging that much for trap you are higher than most even for your memebers! Maywood, West Chicago, Winchester, Northbrook as mentioned in an earleir post just to name a few offfer all kinds of shooting and these clubs are updating just as Bristol is so you might over an apology to those you have put down and try a friendlier approach.

14. ccridr

ccridr Member

You better check winchester prices again, they are higher than we are. Trappy didn't get screwed, his money was refunded when the team he was shooting on disbanded. For all you whiners, where I was raised you told the truth, and backed up what you said. I don't care what your age is, get the facts stright before bumrapping some thing or some one. Also I knew who Trappy12 is and that he was refuring to Bristol in Kenosha County.
    Colby

15. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I like how you all are beating up on a VERY young shooter. Way to keep the kids in the game guys...

Forrest

16. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

$9.00 for a round of trap? That better include a little loving or lunch and a few beers. With an attitude and raving lunacy of the above post, I sure won't go there. For that price it should be really nice and the range master should act almost like he wants your business.

Mike

17. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Zara, I think you would be pleasantly suprised at how Bristol is now. I shoot at McHenry also and have gotten to a point where I prefer Bristol because the lines move and you can shoot a lot of trap in a short period of time. (Not so much for skeet)

Also, remember that the $9 a round is for NON-members. Members are at $5 and they offer shooting for rifle, pistol and cowboy action too. Then even have an archery range and hold a variety of events for different shooters. There's also the monthly gun show.

People can bag on Bristol because of the price but in the area, it is thee most complete range for all shooting sports around.

18. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

I was going to say something about the Bristol Wisconsin shotgun range but I couldn't say anything nice so I will not say anything at all.

Arn

19. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

wonder how many of the $9.00 per roung "guests" ever become members? Charging that price is a not so nice way of telling them NOT TO COME BACK. I can see that this club is pricing itsself out of the market. I dont know anyone involved in this but at these prices I would have to buy a cheap trap and find a dirt pit comewhere. There is REASON then theres REASON. Our clay tagtet games are in trouble now with the price of shells and reloading stuff, and unless the club is ready to fold I cant see paying this price to shoot. The clay shooters may never have wanted to shoot rifle and pistol but looks like there are being charged to improve those facalities At nine dollars plus reloads, a couple of rounds of will tear up a $25.00 dollar bill. Its not for me. Fred

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I am no where near this club I probably never will be. I will tell you this I can buy ATA targets almost anywhere for under $30 per hundred to shoot practice at this club(the Conservation Club of Kenosha County in Bristol Wi)if you are a non-member 100 targets will cost you $36.

If you are a member at $5.00 per 25. A hundred singles targets will cost you $20.00 A non-member can 100 doubles targets for $18.00. Boy I sure would be able to tell where I was not wanted. To those that avoid this club I say smart move, you aren't missing out on a thing.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.