1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing trigger guard on BT99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I have an older BT99 with the long tang trigger guard and there's an opportunity I'll be able to get a PFS stock to "play with". Of course it won't fit directly, but I understand there's a "fix" - a way to change from long to short on the BT99.

I've searched Google, TS.com, and SW.com t no avail. It seems this topic hasn't been covered.

While it might seem futile to put a PFS on an inexpensive gun, I'd still like to give it a try to see if it makes any difference.

So, if anyone can offer advice on how to make the proper changes, please fire away.

Thanks,

Larry

2. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

Im not sure whats involved with putting a short tang guard on your receiver, but I know it is very easy to remove the long tang guard. Just unscrew the screw that goes thru the tang into the wood. Then unscrew the trigger guard from the receiver (it just spins around counter clockwise).

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

The trigger guard from a Citori is the one used that allowed me to mount a PFS grip to my early BT 99. The guard loop is a little larger than the old 99, but worked fine. The front of the guard screws in the bottom of the receiver just like the long tang. The rear of the gaurd has a small stud which requires drilling two holes in the underside of the receiver, one to receive the stud and another to cross pin the stud with a roll pin. I have pictures if you wish to see them let me know.

The guard is available through Brownell's at a cost in the fifty dollar range, if I recall.

Dean at Skeet's (918/456-4749) can do the install requiring just your receiver if you feel its more of a project than you wish to tackle.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.