1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing springs on BT-99? Best repair Shop?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mt, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt

mt Member

Hi, my wife's BT-99 seems to be having some hard / inconsistant trigger pulls all of a sudden. Its 2 years old and we've never replaced any springs so i bet that's probably it. Can anyone describe to us how to get to the trigger? Do we need any special tools? Where do we purchase springs and ....just in case, can anyone recommend a great place to send the gun for a tune up? thanks as always

2. mt

mt Member

thanks everyone, that was so kind of you all.
    I did take off the stock (the perazzi stock tool fit perfectly)...I cleaned the heck out of everything, regreased everything....it certainly looks well made and the springs don't look broken....I'll try it out tomorrow and see how that worked. thanks

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pats gunsmithing in Minn does a lot of them

4. JLW

JLW TS Member

Take the stock off again and blow the oil out of the receiver with compressed air. Set aside for a day.

Mix some varnish and thinner 50/50 and coat the inside of the wood, let dry and reassemble.

While your gun is still new, protect that wood from the oil and you will save someone (you?) a lot of headaches down the road.-Jerald

5. roper

roper TS Member

Yes, "P3AT" is correct, when I shot a browning about two years ago "Arts" did all my work. Arts worked at the browning plant right there in Arnold, Missouri.

ROPA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt99 repair in arnold missouri