1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing PFS recoil pad?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kiwiG, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, The Kick-eez on my PFS is starting to get a bit worse for wear. What manufacturers make pads that will go straight onto the PFS with the hex keys and do they have websites? Is there a specific dimension pad for the PFS? What choices are there with regards pad thickness? Thanks for your time. Kind regards and health and happiness to you and those close to you in 2010-Graham.

2. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

I would call Vern Brown at 719-250-7727 he will know

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why not replace it with another Kick-eez?

Ed Yanchok

4. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks Tony...the phone call fom here in New Zealand might be problematic. Hi Ed...that's kind of the what I want to know as the Kickeez's I have seen are way larger than the one which it appears went into the PFS without grinding. Cheers-Graham.

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Because you are not having to grind the pad to fit a wood stock, you can adjust the size of the pad to fit your "pocket". I don't cut mine down at all. I like a bigger pad and no one can tell anyway.

JON

6. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Gooey fits perfect !

7. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi ks5, I've had a few gooeys sent over to me, they are great pads and are on a couple of my other guns, but the ones I have seen have screws not hex bolts...if they are available as hex units what is their designation or product number? Cheers-Graham.

8. vdt

vdt Active Member

large curved kick-ez i prefer, leave it the same way it comes out of box

9. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

When the Kick-eez or Gooey pad arrives I just use the hex bolts in place of the screws. Don't know of any pad that comes with the hex bolts.

Regards

W&W

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Look online at the Brownell website.. All the pads..along with the color and size is posted.. They will ship anywhere in the world.. Cheers.. Mike

11. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Mike, What do you put on your PFS's? Kind wishes to you and Betty for the New Year. Cheers-Graham.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Get one from Vern, there fit like they were made for it probably because they are ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

best pad i ever used on my pfs is a trapdude. i had to grind slightly but it worked fine with the allen bolts and the curved toe makes it fit my shoulder perfect. they say to freeze the pad before grinding but i did not do that and used a belt sander and sanded slowly. you could email a drawing of the pad to the trapdude people for a proper size fit or they might know which one to use. motordoc

14. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

[​IMG]
    I like the sporting model with plastic heel on top.This stops it from hanging up on clothing.

15. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kick-eez pads come in different sizes and have an L,M,orS in the model #. You might need an "M".

Ed Yanchok

16. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks Ed...that helps. Next time I'm goofing around in the gunroom I will try the hexbolt in the Gooey trick as well, but I think I'll end up getting a coup[e of Kickeez's from Brownells. Thanks to all for taking the time to reply. Cheers-Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gooey recoil pads

pfs recoil pad size