1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing MX-8 Trigger Guard

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ChetH, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChetH

ChetH Member

I am trying to replace the trigger guard on my MX-8 with a lovely engraved one I just got from Marcello. After knocking out the pin at the rear, I tried to unscrew the guard, but it hit the front of the trigger blade. It appears that if I could get one turn on it, it would be fine. Pulling the trigger does not give me enough clearance as well.

Any advice?

chet

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Benn there and done that. I too bought one of these trigger guards. Had the same problem. Ended up sending it to Giacomo for installation.

T

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Chet..... I have one as well, and installed it myself. The trigger must come out to do the job properly. Taking a Perazzi trigger apart is a very simple thing to do. Whiz White, on this site, offers a DVD that shows how to take the entire gun apart from front bead to recoil pad. Get that DVD and you will never have to worry about working on your own gun.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.