1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing firing pin in 390

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SouthMetro Shooter, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

Hi so after alot of light hits on every shell I shoot, I have deducted it's time to replace the firing pin. I have all the parts for replacement but don't know how to. Should I take it to a smithy or could someone direct me on how to myself. I do alot of basic gunsmithing for my friends any myself also. I have replaced most parts on remingtons. And even though I shoot a Beretta, I have never had to replace parts in it. If I could get some help, it'd be much appreciated.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Here is Beretta's web page. follow the links and you can down load their manual.

click on 390 english.

Might help.

I've had one apart but not the bolt, shouldn't be to hard to figure out.

good luck

http://www.berettaservices.com/index.aspx?m=53&did=160

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

This link is for the 391, but it should be the same. Mark

4. SouthMetro Shooter

Thank you much, exactly what I was looking for.

5. vantagebox

vantagebox TS Member

I'm afraid the regular manual won't tell you anything about replacing the pin. You need to punch out (carefully) the "firing pin retaining pin". It's part #67 (Google 390 schematics). It's thicker on top than the bottom so that it stays in place. So punch it out from the bottom of the bolt; once it comes out, all the other parts will also. Your main problem will almost always be the actual spring (part 65) which tends to deform and break.

6. SouthMetro Shooter

The gun had roughly 25,000 rounds through it since last replaced. The pin was so worn that it barely stuck out when struck. And now I'm going to replace the hammer spring.

7. chikeneyes

chikeneyes TS Member

There are aftermarket springs that will help and a extra pin and spring is golden the hammer spring should be a annual thing Look through the old treads JP Springs ring a bell

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

"The pin was so worn that it barely stuck out when struck" This is a common issue with the 300 series. This is what I have done to several. Take the firing pin out and grind .002 off so it protrudes through the hole farther. I even do this with a new pin because beretta made them a little short

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 390 firing pin spring replacement

how to replace beretta 390 firing pin spring