1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

replacing ejector springs

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

Is this something someone can to themself, i might want to replace the ones in my browning special sporting clays o/u.

bill

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Nipper

I have never seen Citori ejector springs NEED replacing.

It is easily done, but remember, you are dealing with two pieces of metal that can put your eyes out.

As long as the ejectors are working properly, I would leave them alone.

Often, sluggish ejection is caused by dirt and grease in the barrel's ejector channels. Use of a good degreaser, compressed air, and proper lube will usually get the "snap" back in your ejectors.

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

A fellow shooter assures me he can remove some plastic build in the chamber that i cant "see" and i will give them a good cleaning as well,they function ok,they just seem a little weak,will report back after a good cleaning.

Bill

4. 333t

333t Member

If you bought the gun used, the ejector springs might have been replaced by a previous owner with weaker springs to prevent full ejection. Just something to be aware of and check.

Phil

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

coach,

i followed your advise and cleaned them well,including the assembly in the forearm and the "spring" has returned.

bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.