1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing a firing pin/spring on a BT99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gus, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gus

gus Member

Is it hard to replace a firing pin on a BT99 ? Should I also put a new spring in it while I'm in there ? Do I need a special tool and where can I get the pin, spring and tool ? Thanks

2. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I am interested in this, too; merely from curiousity, rather than need.

The bushing in the breech face requires a tool with three pins to engage it, which can be obtained from Brownell's, as noted by THE REBEL.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=8874/Product/FIRING_PIN_BUSHING_TOOL

I have lead a sheltered life, in 40 years of trapshooting, I have never heard any first hand accounts of the bushing being removed.

I would be interested to know if they come out easy, or were tough to remove, or could be either depending on individual guns.

Also, on re-installation, are they easy to tighten back up, flush with the breech face, or is this a "challenge"?

3. gus

gus Member

Thanks guys, actually mine is not broken, I thought it might be good to be prepared in case it does go on me as this is my only gun. Mine is a PLUS and has 3 holes.

4. mike b.

mike b. Member

Three BT-99's over the years and never a firing pin or return spring problem.

5. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I'll wager an impact wrench is required to get the bushing out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

change firing pin return spring on bt99

how to replace firing pin on a browing bt99

replacing bt99 firing pin