1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing a firing pin and spring on 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by roger8918, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

My 1100 started misfiring the other day and when I took it apart the spring on the firing pin looked to be broken. I’m not sure of the condition of the firing pin but I figure I’ll replace the Spring, Pin, and the Nylon Bushing all at the same time. It looks to have a pin in the back that needs to be removed in order to get the works out. Anyone know what size punch I will need or if there is any special tools that are required? Also, anyone have any tips before I begin?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Be careful when driving the pin out. It only goes one way, has small taper on one end and locking fins on the other. The pin holds the plastic buffer in place in addition to the firing pin and spring. When you put the buffer in you will have to use a drill to cut the slot for the pin, unless it comes with it already cut. HMB

3. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Thanks HMB, any idea what end I should drive it out from?

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Punch the vertical pin at the rear of the bolt out downward. HMB

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Where are you? It can be a pain to get that pin out. Sometimes you have to beat the he)) out of it. If the firing pin has a rounded head, replace it. If it has a flat head, leave it in.

The new style firing pin spring has a different pitch in the center to prevent problems if it ever does (rarely) break. The old one would break and screw in on itself and cause misfires. If you are near to Middle Tn, let me know. You can send it to me and I will go through your bolt.

I generally replace the extractor spring and detent at the same time. I typically have needed parts in stock.

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Punch on the SMALL end of the retaining pin to remove it. When replacing it, be sure to insert the small end of the pin (first) into the BIG end of the hole and drive the pin in until the end of the pin is flush with the exterior of the hole.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

If you are to do this yourself, get a GOOD punch set, and a firm wooden bench to remove the pin. When re installed, the pin MUST be driven below the surface of the bolt.

8. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Does anyone have a good source for the parts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.