1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing a BT 100 thumbhole stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by stilltrying, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

I want to replace my thumbhole stock with a regular straight stock with an adjustable comb. My problem is turning the flat head screw that holds the tang on the back of the receiver that the bolt which holds the stock on goes into. The bolt on a regular stock goes directly into the receiver. Does anyone know the correct way to do this without destroying the tang? I found out Browning no longer has the tangs so the thumbhole stock would be useless it I screw it up. Why they did not use a torque screw is beyond me.

2. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

unscrew the gadgit that is in the threaded hole, the one that accepts the bolt from the thumbhole pistol grip bolt, fit the stock and the threaded hole that the gadgit was in is the same and will accept the regular stock bolt. I went the other way and then back again, the tang is the same for either stock. The gadgit is called a trunion by browning I think

Rick

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You just need a gunsmith screwdriver

4. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

I figured it out. It is not a screw holding the "trunion" on since it does not have a head I will call it a stud. A little liquid wrench, some tape on the jaws of a pair of pliers and I turned the "trunion" off. The stud came with it. A new stock and a moneymaker rib and I will be ready for spring. Yes I am a warm weather trap shooter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.