1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing 1100 Hammer Spring?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by timb99, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Gang,

I've never replaced the hammer spring in an 1100 before. Anyone know the procedure or have a pictorial?

I bought one of those 1100 spring kits that has a main spring, a firing pin spring, and a hammer spring. The main spring and firing pin spring are no problem to replace. Done this many times before.

But I've never had an 1100 trigger group apart.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

That is a good question. Never had one go bad. Why do you want to replace the old spring? HMB

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Because I bought one of those nice "1100 spring sets" from J&P gun springs, and it comes with one.

Since I have a new one, I figure I'll put it in. As long as its not an ordeal.

I talked on the phone with Jim Flynn of J&P and he said its not that difficult...just make sure you don't lose any of the little springs.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Sometimes you may also need a new hammer pivot pin and a pivot pin washer.

I usually grind off the peened over end of the pin to get it to release the washer. The diameter of the pin on that rivoted end needs to be small enough to pass through the hammer. If you attempt to drive the pin out without making the end the same diameter(removing the staking) you risk the possibility of enlarging the aluminum hole on that side.

A dremel like tool works great.

Doug Braker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to replace hammer pivot pin remington 1100
how to replace hammer spring on a remington 1100
how to replace remington 1100 hammer spring
install remington 1100 hammer pin

remington 1100 hammer spring replacement

replacing a hammer spring on an 1100
youtuberem1100hammerspringreplacement