1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacements for Trapshooting?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chango2, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Archery? I always wanted to shoot a bow, but have no idea how to. In high school, archery was a required activity for the girls. We boys were not allowed to shoot a bow and arrow in school. This was in Los Angeles. Would never happen today due to Title IX, boys would also be allowed to participate.

I also thought it might be kinda cool to fly a kite in our big Mohave and then shoot at the kite with a shotgun...always curious about the ultimate range of a shotgun not using a slug. Campfires after these events where we could all talk about the "good old days"...

2. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Pinball??

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I will be riding my Harley a lot more

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I don't have any replacements for hunting and shooting. I do like to fish. But I haven't found anything that even approaches the fun I have shooting and hunting.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

cubancigar2000: You may also enjoy dual sport motorcycle riding; adventurous without the all out danger of MX or cross country. Can we think "KTM"...the Infinity of offroad, dual sport, "Hooligan/supermotard" motorcycles..

6. OneStab

OneStab TS Member

Ballroom dancing?

7. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

for the single shooters lots of drinking and lots of ugly women

8. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I've gone back to my roots and have been doing some Bullseye pistol shooting. It's been 35 years since I did any competition and I wasn't that good. The lay off hasn't improved my talent at all but it's fun and way less expensive than trap.

I still enjoy trap and think the handgun shooting has increased my concentration so it's a win-win situation. Breaking 25 clays in a row seems easy compared with keeping ten shots in the 10 ring with a .45.

9. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

You guys run around like Chicken Little, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling."

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Well.......If I have to give up trapshooting, which I won't..........I'd have to back to chasing wild women again............Only this time, I won't know what to do with them if I ever catch one..........lol lol

Hauxfan!

11. OneStab

OneStab TS Member

I quit drinkin', smokin' and chasin' women.
    It was the most boring 20 minutes I ever spent in my life. (OOH RAH!)

12. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Can't you just see it now? A 100 bird trap handicap event put on at some mega private ranch with security guards, invitation only, cash only, with big bucks for the winners, high dollar calcuttas, much like the flyers we shoot today. They would be run much like dog fights or cock fights. Where there is a will, there is a way..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Play with your skin flute?

14. biff

biff Active Member

I have several slingshots, used to do alot of this when I was a kid. I got pretty good at it, could hit an object about the size of a small bird about 50 feet away. I have wondered if I could ever break a moving object the size of a clay target; would be too expensive just practicing with them. My slingshots were home made using tree branches or cut out from ash boards and car tire innertubes. There are many types and styles of slingshots available today that weren't even dreamed of when I was young! Biff

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

I recently took up playing the fiddle. Between that and archery, most of my fun now revolves around plucking strings one way or another. It's done wonders for my "present tense" focus skills, and I find that I can play all the wrong notes I want for free. In trapshooting, my misses cost just as much as the hits.

On league night though, it's still nice to do something I know how to do.

16. shadow

shadow Active Member

Since I no longer shoot registered trap. (A few games and local money shoots are about all I attend). You can color me -----Gone Fishin !

17. ZELMO1

ZELMO1 TS Member

Don't give up!!! Keep shooting. We as a whole cannot give up. I work all the overtime I can to support my habit. Even more now my son is shooting. The worst thing we can do is give up. I am concerned too, but I will not let them beat me. Keep the faith. Al Baker

18. biff

biff Active Member

I shot a recurve bow this weekend a couple of times, it was a 50 lb pull. I couldn't get over how hard it was to pull back with the right hand and it also showed me just how weak my left arm is! For some of you bow shooters, what type of exercise would help strengthen/build up the left arm? Biff

19. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

biff, a 24" long rubber strap. You can get them at any Pharmacy, or call a Physical Therapist and see where they get them. Start out easy, and just pull it back like a bow. Shorten it up as your strength gets back. Always stretch before you shoot or exercise. Triceps, Biceps, shoulder, neck,and back muscles are used the most.

20. Kent

Kent TS Member

Still like to shoot when I can, but one place I've been a lot more that here lately id Pokerstars.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooter replacements