1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacement K-80 Beads Help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I'm currently in the process of hunting down beads for a customers 2 add on ribs. I need to find beads that are the same as what he has on his current guns (both K-80's). He says they are a .080" brass mid bead and a .157" white front bead. I think Midway has the .157 front bead, but I can't find a .080" brass bead anywhere...Anyone know where I can find one? BTW, already been to Brownells and Midway, but I could have missed something. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Josh.

2. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

The mid bead screws in but I don't know where to find one. Call Krieghoff. I'm sure they will sell or even give you a couple.

3. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Jolly, check with Chris Vendel. He makes an assortment of beads

CRVCUSTOMARMS.WEBS.COM

His phone [585] 482-0044

Ron Burdick

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Brownells

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Gene, as I said, already tried Brownells...if you could point me in the right direction on the site, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Josh.

6. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

What's the easiest way to remove the front bead. I tried to loosen the screw with no luck, is it better to use a pair of pliers?

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I bought a new bead from Chris V. Front screw was pretty tight. I ground a screwdriver to fit exactly then took a pair of Vice Grips and locked it on to the handle. Came out no problem. There was no loc-tite on it. It's just in tight. Chris's beads are $21.00 each. Very nice. Dave T.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

they used to make those kits with all sizes- you could call them

regards from Iowa

Gene

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Chances are the mid rib bead is a 0.67 taking a 3x56 thread. They are either brass or aluminum. I have these and a steel chromed mid-rib bead that has a small shoulder. I received the shoulder bead from Italy.

The white bead, I assume is the typical Bradley ivory front bead. I have these in 2.5mm from Italy, and the Bradley's from Brownell's which are 6-48, and 3x56 tpi.

I also have a standard aluminum and brass front bead that is 0.175" and requires a 6x48 tap.

Wouldn't this gun have metrics since it was made in Europe?

These are some of the beads I handle, but don't stock very many.

[​IMG]

Whiz White

10. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Whiz, I don't know if they are metric or not, I was given the measurements in metric and then converted them to standard. I was told they are 4mm front bead and a 2mm brass mid bead. Thanks, Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

3x56 bead

krieghoff front bead thread

remove beads from k 80