1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

replacement for purple pc wad?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trap junkie, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap junkie

trap junkie TS Member

i have been shooting 1 oz, 17 gr Red Dot, Downrangs Purple PC Wad, Win 209 primer in Remington STS/Gun Club hull. My supplier says Purple PC have been discontinued. Does anyone know what wad replaced the Purple PC? I have an e-mail in to Downrange but no reply yet.
    Thanks, Jim

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mash on the link above....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

trap junkie, Why don't you check my business out? I sell Downrange wads and sponsor this site!

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
    "The Scattergun Store"
    (270) 804-5454

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Fed 12S3 is equivalent, I was given either wad in a AA case & 16.5 of 700X or Red Dot w/ 1oz. by Tom Seitz 25 years ago. It still works

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Fed 12S3 is equivalent, I was given either wad in a AA case & 16.5 of 700X or Red Dot w/ 1oz. by Tom Seitz 25 years ago. It still works

6. trap junkie

trap junkie TS Member

John, I am using Remington hulls

Mike, thanks. I received e mail from Kevin of Downrange. He is sending me samples of replacement wads. XL-1 maybe one of them.

Jim

7. trap junkie

trap junkie TS Member

well, despite receiving a message from Kevin of Down Range that he would send some samples, I have never heard from him again. Sent him my home address as requested, followed up a week later with e-mail. No answer from Kevin, no sample wads to try. Go figure.

8. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Kevin's always followed thru in the past. Probably busy at matches and stuff. He'll get to you.

9. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

I vote for the XL-1. I use it in AAs and Gun Club hulls and I think it's as good as any. Better than most............Roger

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Kevin is probably preparing to go to the Grand.

I wouldn't expect anything from him until afterwards.

Not making excuses for him, but I think he's had some manpower issues recently that have impacted his workload and schedule.

Be patient.

11. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I've been using XL-1's for the last year. They're ok, work fine. What do you really expect to see from a half dozen samples anyway. I wouldn't worry too much about wad performance unless you can state to pattern percentage from previous wads used.

12. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Don't hold your breath. I'm still waiting for the Christmas wads I won last December. :)

13. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

trapjunkie, I will step up to the plate here. I am a Downrange dealer, and I will send you samples of the XL-1. Give me a call or email.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
    "The Scattergun Store"
    (270) 804-5454

14. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Word has it that Kevin was in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin and will be on his way to Sparta before long. He has always tried to be very sensitive to the needs of shooters and furnished me some complimentary wads that I wanted to try. Trap Junkie, give him another opportunity to respond as it will be worth it to try the DR wads. What other rep is out there talking to shooters and responding the way he does both in the field and over the "net?"

15. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I stopped by downrange last week and picked up wads. Kevin was not there but there were 2 people bagging sample wads to send out. Mark Mauch

16. darr

darr Well-Known Member

What was wrong with the purple pc.I really liked that wad.Data all over the place,and runs nice pressures.I guess I will try the replacement when I am done with my case.1st AA hulls,the best hull ever produced is ruined and now purple pc wads gone.Oh well at least I have my health.No,I feel like s--t.I can't wait for all the great changes Obama is elected.It gives me hope.Yea right.

Darr

17. mike b.

mike b. Member

Things leave us for one major reason.....we're probably one of the few left that buys them or plain ECONOMICS!! XL 1 is a great wad.....

18. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Another vote for the XL-1. Great wad and good results using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
purple pc replacement wad

purple pc wad

purple pc wads

purple pc wads for sale