1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

replaceing 3200 firing pins.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grunt, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anyone have any experience replacing firing pins in a Remington 3200? I do have a service manual and I'm thinking of doing it myself.

2. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I have done it a couple of times without a problem. It is a little tedious but if you follow the service manual it can be done. I placed each part in a small plastic bag as it came out and labeled it as to location, right/left etc. Digital photos in various stages of disassembly would also be helpful although I didn't do that. Most of the action parts have to come out to get at the block that holds the firing pins.

3. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I see a field service manual for the 3200 on eBay for $9.99 + 3 dollars shipping. It's 12 pages, REV.382. Is this the manual you're talking about.

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Yes, that is the manual that I have. There is a listing on GunBroker also that I think is the same manual.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=186411264

5. grunt

Thats the manual that I have also.

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Who makes or rebuilds the plunger assemblies. I know Laib probably sells them, but does he make them. I am afraid that some day he will run out or quit making them. I had a friend who rebuilt them, but he no long does that.

7. grunt

Tom Fox at laibs will rebuild your broken part for half the price of a new one.I just mailed one to him.

8. grunt

TTT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.