1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replace Front Bead on Browning BPS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by redbone99, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redbone99

redbone99 Member

How could the gold colored bead on BPS Hunter model be removed and replaced? Is this bead threaded or pressed in? If pressed in,is the remaining hole of a size that can be redrilled and tapped to a standard thread as used on sights?
    Thanks for any replies in advance. Dave

2. redbone99

redbone99 Member

3. redbone99

redbone99 Member

4. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

Your factory bead on your BPS is threaded (right hand). I am at my office and I don't remember the thread size. If you replace it with a Hi-viz sight one of the included screws will match your thread.......Terry

5. redbone99

redbone99 Member

6. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

redbone,

I have replaced several of these. The factory brass bead is threaded into the rib. It is a regular 3-56 RH tread. To remove it, apply a heavy tape (duct tape)across the barrel and rib around the bead to protect the bluing. Take a small to medium size set of vise grips and snap it tight on the bead taking care to be sure the jaws of the vise grip is well above the rib to avoid damage. Then rotate counter clockwise and it should come out without too much torque required. Use WD40 to remove the tape residue. You can get a variety of Bradley beads in that thread size through Brownells and Midway or as was previously mentioned, if you buy one of the HiViz sight kits at a local Gunshop, it will come with a screw that will fit.

Good Luck,

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bps front sights

browning bps bead removal

browning bps bead thread size

browning bps front sight

browning bps sight thread

browning front bead thread

browning phoenix bead