1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replace Citori Front Sight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jimmy E, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy E

Jimmy E TS Member

Make sure if you are going to drill out that little post that you have your barrel mounted in the vise of a milling machine (which you can center perfectly) and not in some crappy little drill press. I don't care how good you think you are you'll NEVER be able to perfectly centre-punch that little post and therefor NEVER be able to drill it out leaving a perfectly centered hole for your new sight. If that hole is off .005" either way your eye will catch it the second you look down the barrel and your foot will automatically begin it's journey upwards to begin kicking yourself in the ass. A process which will repeat itself each and every time you shoulder that gun! If you're on here asking questions on how to go about doing this you likely don't have the skill and-or know how to do it right and therefor I highly recommend that you bring it to a qualified gunsmith to have it done properly. You surely won't regret doing that!!
    Hope this helps. I'd hate to see you ruin a nice gun.
    Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.