1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Replace Citori Center Bead Sight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OK_Shooter, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

The center bead sight got knocked off somehow and I would like to replace it. I purchased a new one from Browning assuming it was threaded and would screw into the VR, however it is not threaded. I plan to drill out the remains of the old sight and either press in or glue in the new sight. I have not done this before so any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Phil

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Sounds like a compression fit mid bead. These are common and work well. I use a small pencil vice to install them. You may, or may not, be able to gently tap it in with a very soft piece of wood. It requires little pressure to seat the sight and it requires little pressure to smash the white plastic top of the sight.

Pat Ireland

3. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

Pat,

What is a small pencil vice? I was planning to use a drill press to drill out the remains of the old sight..it looks like a 1/16 bit will do the trick - and then like you suggested tap in the new sight using a piece of soft wood.

Thanks for the info
    Phil

4. victoria K

victoria K Member

Hi Phil

I have 3/56 threaded mid beads in silver or gold color I can send you one if you still need one.

Have a vary Marry Christmas
    Vicki Keen Keensights

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Phil- the remainder of the sight in the gun is a soft hollow tube that can be pulled out by hand using a small hand held drill bit, a small tap, a nail or sometimes a tooth pick. Don't drill it and use only hand pressure.

Vicki made a nice offer. She does that sort of thing often.

Pat Ireland

6. chrisg

chrisg Member

I use a small piece of 1/8" dia. white teflon stock available from many hardware stores, cut a short piece of it and buff the edges with an emory board. then just use a small drop of glue to hold it in. works perfect and looks professional. I have used this method to fix many brownings for people i shoot with.

7. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

Pat,

I was able to do as you suggested. I removed the remains of the sight by twisting a 1/16 drill bit in my fingers and pulling the hollow tube out of the rib. The new sight was very easy to tap in place.

Thanks to all who responded.

Phil

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I use a hammer handle to istall the tapered spring steel bead seats.

I set the bead in place, put the back of the handle on top, and push in, just finish with a little tap w/ hammer.

Works for me.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

20 borwning citori replace bead

browning citori bead sight thread

how to change the front site on 1980 browning citori

how to mount browning citori front site post

how to remove the front sight bead on a browning citori

remove front sight from browning citori shotgun

sight patteren for browning citori