1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Repairing Dents in Kreighoff Finish

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Feist Hunter, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

Any finish guys fill dents in a Kreighoff KX5 stock? I have some dents that are just in the finish and would like them gone.

MGM

2. high 2

high 2 Member

Patching can be next to impossible if it's their sprayed satin finish. To blend in a patch it has to be sanded and polished. A high gloss can be feathered in. Larry

3. maxumman

maxumman Member

Jesus man I was changing my hanger and needed a punch so I left my K-80 on the couch next to my wife and went to look of the punch I had used the week before I heard my wife tell my son to put down the hammer and about 25 seconds later I heard a bang. I came into the living room to find that my son had hit my gun on the forend almost the barrels unreal I almost passed out

4. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

If dents are not to deep I have filled them with super glue, sanded and buff as fixing a dent on an auto, thanks Ronnie

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Every stock finish requires a different solution. You can try a furniture repair shop they can usually do an acceptable job. The best way is to repair the scratch by sanding it out and spraying a light coat of finish over the entire stock. Or better when you get a few more just have it refinished.
    Joe

6. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

Thanks guys, I have read about the Super Glue fix and have seen it work on furniture but I am leery to try this on my gun. I think Joe has the right idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.