1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Repairin & parts for the 800B

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Cunningham, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Cunningham

Jim Cunningham TS Member

Of late there has been a lot of misinformation about the repair and parts situation for the P/W 800B reloaders. I hope to straighten it out. The only part not currently available for the 800B is the 12 Ga. primer feed!!! All the rest can use parts from the 800+ with no ill affect. You can even use the new primer feed on your 12 Ga. if you don't mind it leaving a mark on the brass from the raised portion on the primer feed.
    P/W is no longer interested in doing repairs on the 800B but since they are as simple a tool as any most of us should have no real problems doing our own repairs. I offer a maintenance manual that goes through the machines step by step with information an the problems that needs doing develop and how to fix them. If you don't have the time or the patience to do the work yourself I still overhaul all the P/W machines. If your on the east coast you can find me at most of the major shoots and most of the time it just takes a few hours to do all that needs doing.
    Regardless of what some self anointed "Expert" may say your 800B can be made to give you many more years of use and quality ammunition.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Thanks for the information, I needed it! Bruce

4. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the heads up on the NAPA spirits of silicone for my 800 primer tray. I tried just about every product to get the primers to slide down but nothing works like the silicone.

I went to my NAPA dealer and he said he orders 4 or 5 cases at a time. Seems the silicone is used a lot by fitness centers on their treadmill belts for lubricity.

Thanks again.

Michael Stephenson

5. Jim Cunningham

Jim Cunningham TS Member

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I was worried but not now, thanks Jim.

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I wonder why 800B owners worry. I bought mine used in 1975, loaded approx. 20K rds. per year and never had to fix anything but replace a wad guide.

Buz

8. Jim Cunningham

Jim Cunningham TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.