1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Repair tip for Mec 600

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I need a repair tip. I have a 600jr loader. The "bottle cap" has broken free of the charge head. this is a older pre 85 loader. I see the newer have what looks like a redesigned charge head. Any tips on getting this back on with success?

2. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Try a little JB Weld. Give it ample set up time.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

22, I soldered it and reinforced with jb weld. Seems to be holding up well. Been playing with my new to me 9000. that 600 will have to wait until hunting season.

4. kolarshooter

kolarshooter Member

The best thing to do with a mec loader is drop it into the deep deep ocean and hop no one finds it in 100 years, This is due to poor service at the real Grand a few years ago.

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kolarshooter: My experience with MEC over the years has been great.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

huh poor service? I bug the crap out of the phone support.

7. kolarshooter

kolarshooter Member

Well when mec rebuilt a reloader for some big shot shooter for free and then charged me $10 for a new primer spring, I wont say anything good about their products.
    I now own 2 DILLON blue machines, GREAT SERVICE AND SUPPORT if you need it.

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

could it be possible, he is sponsored by MEC? I will say if they charged you 10.00 for just the primer spring thats a bit much. The whole primer seat assembly cost that much. Did you question this? I would wonder why myself that someone gets a free rebuild and MEC is charging for such a small part? I down loaded the SL900 loader manual. Looks like a great unit. With the case activated shot and powder drop(which I am surprised mec has not developed a up date for their progressives yet) also the case feeded and flip out wad quide are great! If I ever see one out and about used I may just pick one up. Its not hard to find MECs at yardsales flea markets. Dillons? maybe a pistol or riffle loader. same for rcbs shotshell loaders. Mec fits a market, plenty of used ones and parts are easy to change and get. Well anyway, I just heard back from MEC. They state that the chrome will hinder the soldering, so I ground off the chrome where the cap sits. backed up with some JB weld. This is a older unit pre 1985. I recently got a 9000g that I am playing with now. the 600 has been put to the side. I will do a little rehab on it in the fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.