1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rep.Schakowsky votes for No X-mas Yes Ramadon

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

Individual congressmen are free to recognize groups they support and groups they do not support. This action by Congress does not surprise me. What does surprise me is that so many people continue to vote for the congressmen who repeatedly vote in this manner.

skeet2day- Would not a small donation to the Republican National Committee be more appropriate? The nine congressmen who voted to recognize the Islamic holiday but voted against recognition of Christmas were all Democrats.

Pat Ireland

2. grammie

grammie TS Member

You christians deserve christmas!!!!! What other way to express ones self then to celebrate a false religion,,,a pagan ritual stolen and made into your own,,and then have the nerve to celebrate it at a time when your prophet WASEN'T even born in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I am not Christian,,nor Muslim,,,nor of any other foolish form of believe,,,I am free to say what I wish without any fear!!!!!!!!!!

You people and your beliefs are so twisted and perverted you actually think your country was founded on this joke!!!!! You have no clue whatsoever!!!!

You own founding fathers no more beleived in Christianity than Thomas Jefferson did!!!! He once said--"I have studied the differant religions of the world and have not found ONE with ANY redeeming features"!!!!! They are all based on mythlogical stories!!!!

AKA Grammie..........

3. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

I see the grammie basket headed for Hell has gone by. Thanks for waaving and raving.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Merry Christmas Grammie!!!!

5. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

We all knew he always had a screw loose.

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Grammie, I'm so tired of your freakin' DRIVEL! Why don't you take your diatribes to a country far, far away.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Witches (wiccans) put up a pentangle symbol next to the Nativity display at City Hall today. No one saw them do it.

Looks like it will stay there.

Divide and conquer.

HM

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Grammie- I view Christmas as a cultural holiday as well as a Christian holiday. And I do know why is was decided to celebrate Christmas in late December.

Mr. Jefferson did have some problems with organized religions but he had no problem with recognition of a superior power that he and his friends referred to as God.

My personal difficulty with organized religion is that they conflict with my trapshooting and I am forced to recognize one as most important. It seem possible that you and I will meet in the future and both of us may be convinced about the global warming theory. Can you recommend a powder that works well in fire? I hope that in Hell, I will not be required to load all of my shells on a MEC 650 Jr.

Pat Ireland

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Has she got the nerve to take a Christmas recess? If there aint no Christmas, back to work you civil servant of non biased religions. IMHO You don't get a present except a lump of coal (to help with global warming).

10. thespan

thespan TS Member

Fellow TS.com posters!

Ah, how delightful to have a deluded, psychotic, alienated, lonely, pathetic old man, who by the way, hates God (by claiming he doesn't believe in Him) demonstrate his profound knowledge of great quotations, during this season of Light and Redemption. Oh, and did I mention he is also paranoid?

First of all, the Jefferson quote, to wit:

"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."

Was he describing Christianity? Probably. Was he denying God? Jefferson also said:

"I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever."

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time: the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them."

Skeet, indeed, he misses the point. He often does, when he launches into his hysterionic rants.

As for birthday issues, there are some interesting Biblical assumptions that would be too lengthly for this post, that convincingly have Yeshua (that's Jesus' Hebrew name, for the anti-Semites on this site) born in mid to late September or early October, coinciding with the Feast of Succot (Tabernacles).

Anyway, Praise the LORD for Gene's good news, and blessings on all of you, in this Season of Light and Miracles!

Peter Greenspan

11. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Funny thing here folks...
    When I started reading this thread, I had NEVER heard of this woman.Just reading enough to get the "gist" of the story...I'm wondering why my mind sort of automatically added "Democrat-Illinois" to her name before I got far enough to read that full description of her party and home state..?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.