1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rent an RV at the Grand.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slugbug1, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

We pulled our 5th wheel to the grand from Utah, and that wasn't the most fun I've ever had. For those of you who rented and had a RV delivered to your campsite, how did that work out for you? GaryL.

2. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Anyone???? GaryL.

3. Vickie

Vickie Member

Hi GaryL, I don't know why someone hasn't answered your question yet, cause I know there are quite a few shooters who do rent in Sparta. Several years ago, my daughter rented a motorhome, that was placed on her campspot, from an RV dealer. It was kind of expensive, but they brought the RV and set it up.

This year, a friend of ours said that they were renting a trailer from a Sparta private party, this was a lot cheaper. When the Grand was in Vandalia, several years we rented instead of driving our motorhome. We would put an ad in the local newspaper asking for anyone interested in renting one for the Grand. We also called some of the ads that were in the paper that were trying to sell their RV, sometimes they will rent them for a week or so, just to help make their payments.

There are a couple options for you. I don't know the name of the RV dealer, but I am sure there is someone out there that would know it, if they see the thread.

I also have a friend that lives in Sparta, if you want I could ask them if they know of anyone that would rent to you for the Grand next year.

I hope this helps,

Vickie Larkin

4. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I had a contact to a local place that supposedly would take a camper there and set it up for you, I called and got no answer, I emailed and got no reply..

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Good info..good question!

6. t-bar

t-bar Member

Try Larry's trailer sales @ 618-596-6414 or 618-877-241-7692. They had 16 rentals here this year.

bar

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Kind of shows you not every trap shooter is on trapshooters.com, evidently no one on here rented a rv at the grand? We need to do a membership drive.

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Rend Lake RV

http://www.rendlakerv.com/

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

9. Joe Si

Joe Si Member

Hi, This was my 5th year renting from Myers Cycle & RV in Percy IL. It's gotten better each year. Their phone number is 618-497-2241. They also have a booth in the tent area of the vendors. Main contact person is Marsha

Regards,

Joe

10. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

How much is a camp site @ the Grand?

11. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

mash that ... & start there.

12. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

electric only was 20 a night
    full was 33