1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Reno Scores ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jc13, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jc13

jc13 TS Member

Anybody know of any results in reno this week for the golden west grand? What a shame this is, of what was a spectacular shoot and now nobody really knows that it is going on, it used to be THE premier shoot in the west!!

2. fracdog

fracdog TS Member

Results on www.sagehillclays.com

3. hmrgun

hmrgun Member

Zard,
    I'm not sure who you are, let me know. (PM, email, whatever) I could only stay for two days but had the best time ever. Enjoyed wine with Giacommo, Mike Soda, Stocker John, James Hillman, Mike Checci, Leanardo, and all the rest. James always has great cigars for all. Very high winds but the scores held up fairly well for the conditions. When you get to the home page www.sagehillclays.com go to shoot results on the top of the page.
    Cliff May

4. BRUSHMAN

BRUSHMAN TS Member

Zardozforty,

Whether you have a personal beef with Dan or not, I don't see why it was necessary to include that slam against him in your post. Dan hasn't shot competitively for several years, due to macular degeneration. I'm sure he wouldn't wish blindness on you.

As for his being a dynamite competitor in his prime, I've seen the grand prize and the runner-up prize, too. I always tried for the grand prize, too; the fact that I never won it isn't Dan's fault -- only my own.

I lived in Reno/Sparks for 20 years, and Dan was always courteous to me. I still remember how amazed I was when I realized that he had made the effort to learn my name before we had been formally introduced. The only time I ever saw him being less than polite to anyone was when someone had goaded him into it.

I hope you go back to the GWG and have a great time, whether Dan Orlich is able to make it there, or not.

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Brushman, Zard is going back to VISIT with Mr Orlich...you missed the boat on that one!

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I think Zard and DB used to shoot with Dan O. years ago! You mis-read his post guy! Hap

7. BRUSHMAN

BRUSHMAN TS Member

Zardozforty,

Apparently I misunderstood your post. Please accept my apologies! As I said, I have nothing but the greatest respect for Dan, and I thought I was going to the defense of a friend who has had a terrible misfortune fall upon him.

Again, I apologize to you.

Cordially,

J.D. Jenkins

P.S.: Please give Dan my regards when you see him.

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

OOps, sorry I opened this thread by mistake. Thought that Janet Reno had finally gotten a date. My 'pology.

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Re. Dan Orlich: See the chapter in Phil Ross' book, "The Lost Cadillac"...short and revealing interview with the great Dan Orlich in Phil's book.

10. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Gerald Smallwood of Oregon has won four Senior Vet. events. Bobby Bounds has won one Senior Vet event. Go guys. Post-2

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

Gerald is a fine shot and an even nicer gentleman. Congratulations.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.