1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Rend Lake

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 27AA, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 27AA

27AA TS Member

Just got home from Rend Lake, if you have any thoughts about going don't wait...Larry and John put on a good shoot today..Started on time, most shootoffs were done around 2 o'clock... Well done ...Thanks Randy Miller
  2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I shot there yesterday. They sure have the place looking nice and the equipment upgrades worked flawlessly. Yesterday was targets only but they ran it smooth like they do their normal shoots. A great place to shoot.
  3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Great to hear. One of my old favorites. Have to wait 'til next year though.
  4. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey guys:

There were some tremendous scores shot this weekend, including the above Randy Miller who captured about every trophy we had I think, plus the HAA! Randy next time we'll get a better coin so you can win the coin toss at least once.

The results are posted at the above link. Please have a look at these scores guys - John and I were certainly impressed and I think you all will be as well. Over the two days we had five 100 straights in singles and many other great scores in both handicap and doubles. Our singles champion had never broke a 50 straight, yet ran the 100 in singles plus 75 more in the shoot off. Great shooting Tim.

Thanx again to everyone who came and braved the 96 degree heat. John and I look forward to doing whatever we can to make this a great place to shoot and have fun.

Larry C
  5. John55

John55 Member

You guys are putting on a fine shoot down there. Been well run and on time each shoot I have attended, congrats to you both! Randy, it was fun shooting with you and as usual, You Da Man!
  6. Rob Jones

Rob Jones TS Member

What a wonderful job you have done in restoring this trap club. It was great to see all the activity at this club on Saturday. All of the kids receiving gun safety and shooting with BB guns seemed to be having a very enjoyable afternoon. I was working in the area and I just stopped in to shoot 100 registered targets, I was in and out in an hour. Targets were good, staff was friendly. I will return to shoot in the future when possible.
  7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nice meeting you and shooting with you Rob. Hopefully we will run into each other again. Perhaps I'll see you at the Grand.

Matt
  8. spitter

spitter Active Member

Larry:

Best wishes for your continued success, with ALL the work you've put in at Rend Lake... only wish I wasn't at the other end of Illinois...

Jay Spitz, Naperville
  9. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Glad to hear that there was another great shoot at Rend Lake. Also glad to see an interest by the ISTA. Great shooting Randy! Great birds and great background along with careful target setting and fantastic weather resulted in some high scores. Saw some familar names on the score board...keep breaking great scores.

Learned that the Leo Harrison clinic is August 1-3. Any other info availible? I anticipate it will fill fast with the renewed interest at Rend Lake. I am interested in details.

Those guys are really doing a great job. I have heard that they invested tens of thousands of $$ to make it a great facility again. I plan to stop in and get my membership so I can shoot any day of the week. I hope to be through the area in a week.

Shooters in IL, MO, IN, KY need to support these guys so we have a great place to shoot. The only way they can survive is with the support of the region. I checked and the next Registered Shoot is July 21 and 22 with target only on Saturday and Trophy program on Sunday. Let us all get together and have another great shoot.

They have been giving great trophies. What did they give in June? Any word on the July trophies?

See ya there,
    CA
  10. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Leo's Elite Clinic will be held at Rend Lake the week prior to the Grand. An all kids class will be held on Wed, Aug 1 and there are 4 spots left. There are four spots open on Thursday, Aug 2 (at this time all attendees are youth shooters, but adults may also sign up). On Friday, Aug 3 there is only one spot left, this class is a mix of adults and kids. Email to above address for details.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.