1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rend Lake Shooting Complex

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by illiniphil, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

Can someone provide information on the status of Rend Lake Shooting Complex (located in southern Illinois). I notice they have a 2012 registered shoot calendar on their website, but I have also heard that the club has been closed and is in a state of disrepair (I hope not - just what I've heard).

I am planning my 2012 shooting calendar and would love to attend a shoot there - obviously if it's open and if it is being managed appropriately.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

They will be ready to go with the schedule they have posted. They have new management and he seems to be all in with the venture. I have heard they have made many improvements. I look forward to seeing for myself. It's one of my favorite venues.

3. KIRKS AUTO

KIRKS AUTO Member

Me and some friends(both of them) have been shooting a Sat derby there, and the improvements are very good. Traps are and have been gone thru,new token machine, new voice pulls on three fields already,all background dirt and machinery(from lead removal) gone and leveled, all trash cleaned up and the club house cleaned up. I have shot three derbys and everthing has worked perfectly. Kirk

4. billn

billn Member

I am glad to hear that, we ahot there I guess about 1 1/2 years ago, and it was pretty bad, there were about 4 traps that didn't work and the 5 stand was closed, the grounds was a mess, there were only two guys runing the club and trying to keep the traps going. It used to be a nice place to shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.