1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rend Lake Shooting Complex Update

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Larry Chinski, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey everone:

I thought I'd post a couple quick items on what we have been doing out at RLSC lately. I'm happy to report that one of the fields that had to be replaced is complete. We got the last of the concrete work done this weekend, and now we just have to re-spread some dirt and re-seed and I'll open her up again.

With winter rapidly approaching, I made a command decision this week with the director of the facitlity to rip up the other two fields that need to be replaced immeidately. I want to have both of these done before winter gets here, so everything is ready to go for the shooting season once spring arrives. The bad news on this is that I am hereby canceling the October and November ATA shoots so as to get this project complete. I am also going to be repairing and rebuilding the machines in the next two weeks, so they as well will be ready. If anyone is upset about this or REALLY wants to shoot ATA targets, let me know and I will work out some method of having TO shoot.

I have been given the go ahead to replace the registration software used for ATA shoots, which will make classification much nicer. I have personally used it and feel it is the best out there.

We put in high speed internet with wireless access, so in between events shooters or families can browse the web when not shooting. This was more a "nice to have" idea than a necessity so I hope everyone is happy with it.

The membership program is growing very rapidly. I am very happy with what we have gotten thus far but would like to see more trapshooters join! Most of the members come from the sporting clays side and I feel I am grossly outnumbered at this point!

I will post some pictures next week as I am on the road this week. Thanx to everyone for reading. As usual, comments or ideas welcome.

Larry C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.