1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rend Lake Shooting Complex ATA Shoot May 17th

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Larry Chinski, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey all:

Rend Lake Shooting Complex will host an ATA shoot on Sunday, May 17th. The program can be viewed on the club's web site at the above address. Registration will open at 9:00 am and the program will start promptly at 10:00 am. The program is 50 pair doubles, 100 singles and 100 handicap. We will run five fields, shooting all 100 per field.

Pre-squadding is available at presquad.com for NO FEE to the shooters. It is under the upcoming shoots section titled "Crystal Shoot". That should give you and idea of the trophies for this shoot. Pre-squadding worked out REALLY well at the April shoot so I hope a lot of folks take advantage of this FREE service

We are trying something new for this shoot. Anyone who wins an event, no matter if it is a category win, or class win, in any event, will be eligible for the "dual at dusk" shootoff. This is a miss and out shootoff starting at post 1 from 20 yards, and backing up one yard as the whole squad moves posts. If you miss, you are out and I will personally kick you off of my firing line..haha There is a surprise cash payout to the winner.

I look forward to seeing everyone at this shoot. We had some great scores posted in high winds at the April shoot and I hope to see some of those scores in May.

Amy questions send me an email.

Larry C

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing this will be held after all events are completed as opposed to actually be held at dusk? Not that i would melt at dark or anything but last time it got over mid afternoon and dusk is 3 to 4 hours after that.-----Matt

3. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

That is correct Matt. My pea brain just couldn't think of anything more creative than "Dual at Dusk" haha

Will you have your trailer out again? A few guys need shot if you have any.

Larry C

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Larry---You got me mistaken for Matt Woodson. Wrong Matt. I hope he is there with some wads though. As for your "Dual At Dusk", i think its a good idea i just wanted to make sure i didn't have to stick around 'til dark. That is if i qualify for the thing. LOL Never the less i will be there Sunday with at least one other guy. See you then.----Matt

5. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

OK sorry Matt - too many Matts I guess and I am not familiar with all the screen names. I like your confidence by the way...haha

6. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Larry, duel, unless there's two of 'em.

7. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Gee thanx Harv for the clarification bud. Now you KNOW I have a Computer Science degree, not English! Keep it up old friend I know where you live, where you work, and more importantly, what you shoot! haha

And Harv just in case you were wondering, the sporting clays course will be open for this shoot.

Larry C

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I saw my name mentioned above, so I thought I would chime in. I won't be able to make this Rend Lake shoot because I will be @ Missouri State Shoot. When is the June Shoot @ Rend Lake?

Matt Woodson - Woodson Enterprises

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.