1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Rend Lake Shooting Complex ATA Shoot April 25th

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Larry Chinski, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey all:

The Rend Lake Shooting Complex will host an ATA shoot on April 25th. This is a SATURDAY shoot, and our first shoot since making all the changes to the program over the last few months. You may presquad for this shoot on presquad.com. Don't worry about the $1.00 fee you see there, we are waiving that. The shoot is on the main page under the "grand re-opening shoot" title. The program for the shoot is on our web site, under the trap events page.

I hope to see many shooters have a look at the results of all the changes we have implemented, and offer any comments they have.

Send me an email with any questions.

Thanx guys...

Larry C

2. backfenceata

backfenceata TS Member

Looking at the program, what are the rewards? Cash,shells,or throphys? Thanks ,Kirk

3. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey Kirk:

Trophies are the awards for this shoot. 8X10 engraved plaques from Shamrock Leathers are the high awards and runner up / category awards are the wooden carved clay targets.

Thanx...

Larry C

4. backfenceata

backfenceata TS Member

That sounds great. You may have a large turn out ,if the weather breaks. How many fields do you plan on running for Sat? kirk

5. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

I hope you are right - the weather is obviously one of the big deciding factors here. We've done our best to keep the fields dry but it has been tough with the pounding of rain we have been getting.

I am going to run 5 program fields and one practice trap. Planning on 100 birds per field. We started doing that up North and everyone seemed to like it better, so we'll give it a try. I think it should move along nicely.

Larry C

6. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

One thing I forgot to mention guys is I reduced the target fees from last year by $4.00 per event. Take that extra money, play the options, and make some real cash.

Larry C

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm told that Edwardsville had a good shoot. 13-14 squads. Be ready if the weather's good. I'd be there but I'm stuck in Arizona by the pool. Good Luck.

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Larry,

I am planning on coming up. I sell Decot Hy-Wyd Sport Glasses, reloading components, and gun cleaning accessories. Do ya'll allow vending? I have a 16 foot trailer. I am planning on attending if nothing comes up, and weather is good.

Matt Woodson - Woodson Enterprises

Phone: (270) 804-5454

9. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Must be hard being you about now Barry! Try not to come back with a sunburn.

Matt feel free to bring your trailer. We do allow vending and have electrical hookups for campers if you need one. Looking forward to seeing you here.

Larry C

10. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Extended forecast is calling for 75 and sunny for the shoot. I hope it stays that way. Should be easy to get those averages up on a day like that.

Remember the shoot is up on presquad.com so feel free to take advantage of that service.

Larry C

11. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Larry,

I will need a 30 amp hookup for the lights in my trailer. Rend Lake is the very first place I shot a registered ATA Target. Looking forward to coming up.

Matt

12. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

We got ya covered Matt. See ya there.

Larry C

13. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey Lar, how about a door prize for Wilburn Capel, the lone pre squader.

14. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey Harv - I think I can dig something up for Wilburn! I guess it will make the import into the 3S software pretty easy huh???

Funny I didn't see your name on there yet - were you not planning to shoot the event or didn't figure you would have enough time since you will be volunteering at it all day????

Larry C

15. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Lar, Saturday is Eric's fundraiser at Downers Grove Sportsmens Club. I'm surprised you aren't coming up. Good luck, Harv.

16. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Looks like 85 and sunny for the shoot on Saturday guys.

We will begin classification at 9:00 and the program will start promptly at 10:00.

See you there...

Larry C

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Well i'll be there Saturday and i'm looking at bringing two others. I hope the weather does exactly what they are say'n. Warm weather brings good crowds and good scores.----Matt

18. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

weather looks fantastic for tomorrow. I am bringing a good supply of things, so stop by our trailer. We will have Decot Hy-Wyd Glasses and Lenses, Pro-Shot Cleaning Products, Downrange Wads, and Gator Tears and Swamp Slime Grease. See ya'll tomorrow.

Matt

19. K-Hornet

K-Hornet Member

Larry, Good luck with the shoot on Sat. I'm going to try to make it down for one later this year. The boss said we need to come down and look for some land around there. Al Maly

20. Keith Uffelmann

Keith Uffelmann Member

Gunny,

Attendance numbers and results.

SGM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.