1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***Rend Lake Shooting Club is Official***

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Larry Chinski, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hi again everyone:

Sorry for the bombardament of threads on the Rend Lake Shooting Complex lately, but the membership program I have been working on for the complex has just been approved by the general counsel. This is VERY good news.

One of the ideas I had for Rend Lake was to start an actual membership in conjunction with the shooting complex. The idea was to generate revenue for the complex for the maintenance of the machines, etc, while at the same time providing a benefit to the shooting community. I have developed a three level membership layout that I think will work out nicely. It is as follows:

SILVER MEMBERSHIP

The Silver Membership cost is $75.00 per calendar year, with a $50.00 one time initiation fee. Silver members who join in 2008 will not be required to pay the initiation fee, and membership will be begin upon receipt of application and be valid through December 31st 2009. Silver members may shoot trap and skeet for $4.00 per round, five-stand for $6.00 per round, and sporting clays for $30.00 per round.

GOLD MEMBERSHIP

The Gold Membership cost is $150.00 per year, with a one time $50.00 initiation fee. Gold members who join in 2008 will not be required to pay the initiation fee, and membership will be begin upon receipt of application and be valid through December 31st 2009. Gold members may shoot trap and skeet for $3.50 per round, five stand for $5.00 per round, and sporting clays for $27.50 per round.

ELITE MEMBERSHIP

The Elite Membership offers a one time cost of $600.00, which is good for five years. The shooting fee structure is the same as the Gold Membership. Elite members who join in 2008 will be not be required to pay the initiation fee, and membership will be begin upon receipt of application and be valid through December 31st 2013. This type of membership will save the member $150.00 over the course of five years.

The guest rates for the complex are:

Trap/Skeet $5.50
    Five-Stand $7.50
    Sporting Clays $35.00

So as you can see the cost savings is substantial for becoming a member.

As an additional incentive, the first 25 members who join the shooting club, forever to be known as “The Original 25”, will receive, compliments of the Rend Lake Shooting Complex, five free rounds of trap or skeet and one free round of sporting clays. The original 25 names will also be displayed on the wall of the Shooting Complex clubhouse. This pertains to ANY level of membership the individual wishes to purchase.

One thing to note is that ALL of the money obtained from membership dues go right back into the complex, starting with the rebuilding of the trap program. I have very specifc plans for where the money will be going first, and lists of needs and wants. Nobody here will be getting rich off of membership dues I can assure you. I have been insistent on this from the start.

I have a distribution list for many shooters who have participated at the complex, and I will begin sending applications to those names shortly. If you would like an application, email me and I will send you one. If you would like to be in the "Original 25" email me right away and I will hold the spot for you. From what I understand, one spot was taken earlier today, which leaves 24 spots.

Thanx again guys...

Larry C

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Larry -- will you be at Brittany this weekend?

3. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey John:

Unfortunately I have to get my CRP mowed this weekend so won't be at Brittany. Sure wish I could be there though.

Larry c

4. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

OK, I will bite -- what is a CRP?

5. deking00

deking00 Member

The Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) provides technical and financial assistance to eligible farmers and ranchers to address soil, water, ...

6. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Great idea. Stopped by on my way to the Grand and noticed they had done some work since last year. Maybe you could get a "warm up marathon" to take place the weekend before the Grand. Many of us drive by Rend lake on our way to Sparta and I can always use some practice. maybe you can get a derby going during the Grand for those of us that will not be in shoot offs. As I recall it is about 40 minutes east of Sparta.

Always glad to see a good range kept open by some interested people. Keep up the good work.
    CA

7. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Clay Addict - I with ya on the warm up shoot. Depending on what club gets what dates, (I'll be at the ATA meeting for the southern zone when it occurs) my plan is to have a "Pre Grand Warm Up" shoot. I am thinking of a 500 bird program - something like 100 singles and 100 handicap on Saturday, and 200 doubles and 100 handicap on Sunday. Then doing something creative with prizes - like have regular trophies but on the HOA on the 500 sponsoring that shooter for an event at the Grand. Just an idea so we'll see.....

The complex is more like an hour from Sparta - maybe a little further.

So what membership would you like??!!

Larry C

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

John O,

Some CRP's are a little like a henway.

9. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

One thing I failed to mention guys. Any children you have that are under the age of 18 that are living at home may shoot under your membership.

Shooters involved in an SCTP program, that wish to help out around the club doing such things as picking up shells, emptying trash, loading houses, etc may shoot for $3.00 per round.

Active duty military shoots for free.

Thanx again...

Larry C

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Larry...

I'll take a Silver Membership... Who do I make my check payable to?! You've got mail!

Jay Spitz

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Up for a good guy and his project!

Jay

12. arnie2

arnie2 TS Member

bump

arnie

13. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

If you weren't so far across the country, I'd join. What a great idea and program. Best of luck to you...

14. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Thanx for all the support thus far guys. We have gotten a good number of members and look forward to adding more in the next several weeks.

Browning4me - I'm not sure where you live but if you are ever in the area look us and me up. First round is on me.

Larry c

15. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Larry, I'm in NorCal. Thank you for the kind offer. Should I ever get to your side of the country (as in the Grand), I will be sure to stop by on the way before or after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.