Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rend Lake SC ATA Shoot October 17th

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Larry Chinski 
#1 ·
Hey all:

Saturday October 17th Rend Lake Shooting Complex will have our last shoot of the year. The program can be viewed at the above link. The shoot will start at 9:00 am. Depending on the time we get done, we may throw some extra targets if anyone would like to get a few more while the weather is still half way decent.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday!

Larry C

#5 ·
I agree with you guys.

The reason for mostly Saturday shoots at Rend Lake this year was because of the way that the dates were drawn at the ATA shoot club meeting. The dates were selected in order of which club threw the most targets the previous year, starting from the most to the least. So for the Southern Zone, Sparta was always number one, followed by Brittany always number two. Then for the next month, they started at the top again. Rend Lake was down towards the bottom so we ended up each month with a Saturday because most Sundays were already selected by other clubs who threw more targets, and we could not conflict with those clubs.

Rend Lake threw a lot more targets in 2009, so hopefully we moved up the chain a little, and I also hope that this method can be modified slightly to have each club get at least one or two good dates.

What we are looking to do in 2010 is have a Saturday TO shoot followed by a Sunday trophy shoot for whatever dates we get. We will also hold Thursday evening TO shoots probably twice a month. The goal is that if there are any shooters that for some reason can only get to RLSC, they can at least get all their minimum requirements here.

Thanx for the feedback guys - I always appreciate it.

Larry C

#6 ·
Hey guys:

We've had a ton of rain this week so the fields are pretty wet. I'd wear or bring some waterproof type boots with you unless you want your feet to get wet. We'll do our best to dry the sidewalks, etc but it's hard to move over 8" of rain!

Thanx...

Larry C

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.